Softeky lights on - off trackball on - off

Search This thread

androidifyme

Oct 1, 2011
Here is a couple of scripts of everyone, this will make your roms ANYROM for the eris turn on or off your trackball lights, and or softkey lights

I noticed a few roms that have problems with lights so I figured I would put these here to fix this problem.

If you just want to be able to turn on or off your softkey lights or trackball just download the script and put then in /sdcard/gscript

now download gscript app from the market and load a script file from sdcard
save the script and run threw gscript.

http://www.multiupload.com/1EWEV8MK48

If your a rom developer you can easily make these changes to the init.post-boot.sh and have the settings started at boot just add what ever script you want to init.post-boot.sh like this

open init.post-boot.sh add to file at the very top second line

Code:
# Initialize lights at boot to enable softkey lights noti$
echo 1 > sys/class/leds/vtkey-backlight/brightness

sleep 1

save and reboot.

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
So, to be clear, these scripts switch on or off the softkey lights and only switch on the trackball light, right? They do not enable or turn on the ability of the ROM to control these, right? For that you would have to incorporate some system components (or a 3rd-party app like Light Flow, which seems to be able to do the same thing). I'm not trying to give a hard time, just trying to understand how this works. I've tried doing similar things on evervolv and GST with no luck.

Oh, and one other thing, in your readme you mention

Notice, if you make trackball on run at boot your phone will lag, and after a while reboot this is a known issue to do with memory loss. Just run from gscript and you will be ok, it doesnt do anything to memory, just uses up all the ram/buffer so your phone reboots. if run at startup if it is just run through gscript everything will work fine.

What is the "known issue to do with memory loss?" I'm working on a navigation-related reboot problem at the moment and wondering about the ROM using up the RAM/buffer and if it is related. Mil gracias!

Last edited:

tazzpatriot

Mar 24, 2010
from the MassHole state
So, to be clear, these scripts switch on or off the softkey lights and only switch on the trackball light, right? They do not enable or turn on the ability of the ROM to control these, right? For that you would have to incorporate some system components (or a 3rd-party app like Light Flow, which seems to be able to do the same thing). I'm not trying to give a hard time, just trying to understand how this works. I've tried doing similar things on evervolv and GST with no luck.

the lights on works but need to find out how to make them go off,, i add them to the rom but lights jjust stay on even with the phone sleeping , i sent a pm just waitin on a answer

androidifyme

Oct 1, 2011
Ok, you can use Light Flow from the market to control the lights but yes, this is only to enable and disable the light. for some reason roms are haveing a problem turning on the lights there just doesnt seem to be any one or off switch. I also have found that in alot of the roms a few that i have flashed that have been ported from the hero are missing a few of these lines

chown system system /sys/class/leds/vtkey-backlight/brightness
chown system system /sys/class/leds/amber/brightness
chown system system /sys/class/leds/jogball-backlight/brightness
chown system system /sys/class/leds/green/brightness

and few others like trigger,uevent if you want the full list ill pm it

tazzpatriot

Mar 24, 2010
from the MassHole state
Ok, you can use Light Flow from the market to control the lights but yes, this is only to enable and disable the light. for some reason roms are haveing a problem turning on the lights there just doesnt seem to be any one or off switch. I also have found that in alot of the roms a few that i have flashed that have been ported from the hero are missing a few of these lines

and few others like trigger,uevent if you want the full list ill pm it

im looking in my boot img and i see all those lines u mentioned :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a couple of scripts of everyone, this will make your roms ANYROM for the eris turn on or off your trackball lights, and or softkey lights

I noticed a few roms that have problems with lights so I figured I would put these here to fix this problem.

If you just want to be able to turn on or off your softkey lights or trackball just download the script and put then in /sdcard/gscript

now download gscript app from the market and load a script file from sdcard
    save the script and run threw gscript.

http://www.multiupload.com/1EWEV8MK48

If your a rom developer you can easily make these changes to the init.post-boot.sh and have the settings started at boot just add what ever script you want to init.post-boot.sh like this

open init.post-boot.sh add to file at the very top second line

Code:
    # Initialize lights at boot to enable softkey lights noti$
    echo 1 > sys/class/leds/vtkey-backlight/brightness

sleep 1

save and reboot.