[INFO] [NS4G] gingerbread-deck

Search This thread

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
Did full wipe, Titanium Backup, and fixed permissions and LauncherPro is giving me Forced Closes......

LauncherPro is notoriously flaky on backup.
I would simply reinstall from Market. It's a pain, but it works.
You can also change it to a system app once it;s reinstalled using titanium, That will give you the ability to use gmail notification using Gmail 2.3.4

redandblack1287

Jan 19, 2010
Is anyone running a Trinity kernel with deck's rom?

I am, although I usually have trouble with text messages not sending all the time when I use trinity kernels. Right now I'm using the under-volted one and everything is fine so far, but I've hardly been running it for a day. Anyway, there aren't any major bugs or anything that I've seen yet, give it a try

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Running Trinity's latest tuv with this rom and all is fantastic! Here are the couple bugs I've found that may be hindering some......

Torch doesn't work for an extended period of time..... flashes on and off.

I have had the sleep of death once but that may have been kernel related....

Of corse the annoying 4g toggle not working

Aside from that the rom is beautiful so far, waiting until tomorrow to make a gauge on battery life but even on its first charge it was mediocre. This will be my daily until ICS drops in the coming weeks. Thanks Deck for all your hard work to bring us a stable and usable rom!

Sent from my Kushed Nexus S 4G

jeffreynothing43

Apr 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
I posted this in Google Wallet forum, but thought it may be something someone has seen since flashing this... I have G Wallet on this Rom...and found that the NFC had kept my phone awake for 1 hr 30min (19%). Has anyone else who is on this one experienced strange NFC issues on the 1.3SC? Otherwise this seems really good. Great Rom so far.

Shott3r

Feb 28, 2010
San Jose
Can anyone touch on the contact pic in SMS or call log and get the option banner to (call, SMS, Gmail, Skype etc) ??? I'm getting fc's here.

Sent via Google Nexus X 4G using xda premium

I was having this issue in multiple CM7-based ROMs, including this one. I don't presently have it, but I can't pinpoint how I fixed it. TL; DR - Do a fresh install.

I installed fresh, set up my Google and Exchange accounts, then restored my apps only from TiBackup. Then I re-setup my Facebook contact sync and all is well. Usually I'd restore the user apps with data, or go quick and dirty and update nightlies with only a cache and dalvik flash.

So now it works just fine, as things usually do on a clean restore. Was probably some sort of data corruption involving Facebook is my guess. No idea if this will work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: info[]box1

jeffreynothing43

Apr 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
you gotta wipe completely, flash deck 1.3 and then flash this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270118

I got around to it after work today. Haven't actually used Wallet to buy anything yet but the program opened and got the $10.

OR THIS! POSTED BY MattJD in the Google Wallet thread.

"Hey Guys,

Thanks for the zip! Free money is usually good money in my books.

For those having troubles with flashing the zip without wiping (which I had) I think I found the problem/solution.

The Problem
I think the NFC service and the Google Wallet app need to be signed by the same key, or they need to setup some key to share. If your builtin NFC app leaves its sharing key lying around, Android denies Wallet the necessary permission to talk to the secure element.

The Fix

Make a backup, preferably both nandroid and titanium
Remove IN ORDER Wallet, Shopper, Tags, Nfc from titanium backup. Note when you remove Nfc you will get a never ending stream of force close notifications.
Reboot your phone (you will need to pull your battery)
Modify your /data/system/packages.xml file. There is a line still in there starting with <shared-user and mentions nfc. Remove only that line
Reboot your phone normally
Reboot into recovery
Flash wallet, then gapps.
Wipe Dalvik
Reboot into Android, and everything should just work."

belvedere

Oct 26, 2007
Oh well, I was due in for a data wipe anyway. Phone seems like it's running smoother, probably just placebo effect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Support must be provided in XDA
    Only direct links allowed http://dev-host.org/ftacrf06kxdd/gingerbread-ns4g-deck-1.3.zip
    Change logs must be within this thread
    If the development is not done in XDA then it doesn't belong in this Development section

Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35.7 (thanks cm team).

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35.7 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
    For information about rooting, please go to:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1078213

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

[size=+1]For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..[/size]
    [size=+1]We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #dev-host on freenode..[/size]

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
    gingerbread ns4g 1.3 Stable
    gapps 8-28-2011

*Install Instructions*
    1. Reboot into recovery. - Clockworkmod at least version 3.1.0.1 required!
    2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
    3. Wipe Everything.
    4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
    5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
    6. Flash gapps zip.
    6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
    7. Reboot.
    8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
    -deck
    If someone can find it and link the particular fix, would be awesome...im gonna try and see, if i find it ill edit this, if not someone please find and post it here? :) Thanks

Here's the fixed MMS.

Credit goes to derekwilkinson for the fixed apk. I just packed it into a flashable zip.
    Ok i need some testing. I was asked by quite a few people to get a nexus s 4g build up, so here is my first attempt. Please dont be too harsh. Let me know the ins and outs.

-deck
    1.2r is up, and fully working except for 4G toggle which is currently being worked on. I have spent so much time on the ns4g, i was neglecting my other phones :p also, no need for special gapps any gapps will do. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading.

[size=+1]*Official thread and ALL Downloads*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Issue Tracker*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Changlog*[/size]

I hope you all enjoy.

-deck
    ill test today and report back to you. i assume you made this based on cm7 right? so we can update our profiles and such?

yessir, same fork my evo is built from, with cm commits and proprietary files for the crespo4g. So i am not sure what works and what doesnt yet. http://www.dev-host.org/issue/gingerbread-deck/tickets is going to be the issue tracker. hosting is a bit slow, should be fixed a little later. Thanks every1!

-deck