Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Reflash stock kernel for s…
Find Your Device:
20th October 2011, 10:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,039

2,484 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincbe

Hello there as you can see, I am a NOOB. I came from an Iphone family and I must say I was blind but now I see ANDROID is the way.

I recently got the Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T and I LOVE THE PHONE!!! I recently rooted the phone with a modified Kernel via ODIN. I know that in order for me to remove the yellow triangle I need to reflash to stock kernel. I was wondering if there is a thread already somewhere with instructions (for noobs) with the download for the stock kernel for AT&T I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

Download the file StockKernel-PDA.tar from (Hotfile is dead) see attachment. This is an Odin flashable stock kernel without the ROM.

Follow this procedure to flash the kernel:
  • Download the Odin3 v1.85 package from MediaFire or xda-developers, or another source of your choice. Odin3 v1.82 will also work. Extract the contents of the zip file to a directory on your hard disk drive.
  • Start the Odin3 program by double clicking on "Odin3 v1.85.exe".
  • Now Enter Download Mode:
    • With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
    • When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
  • In Odin, the first small edit box under the words "ID:COM" will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
  • In Odin, the two items "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time' should be checked, and everything else should be left unchecked. (Very Important)
  • In Odin, click on the button that is labeled "PDA". In the dialog box find and select the StockKernell-PDA.tar file you downloaded. The tick box next to the PDA button should become checked. This will be the only file that will be flashed.
  • Click Start. Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower left describes the steps. When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
  • Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up. Success. This will clear the warning triangle.

Now, if you want to install custom software without invoking the warning triangle, follow the Guide, How to Flash Custom Binaries Without Ever Incrementing the Flash counter!!. If you have already installed a custom rom, and you just want to clear the warning triangle and restore a ClockworkMod enabled kernel, then flash the kernel of your choice using one of the procedures in step 3 of the Guide.

This procedure will clear the warning triangle, but it will not reset the flash counter. The only known way to reset the flash counter is with a micro usb Jig. See the Guide, How to Prepare Your Phone to Return to the Store or for Warranty Replacement for more information about the Jig.
Attached Files
File Type: tar StockKernel-PDA.tar - [Click for QR Code] (8.00 MB, 535 views)
Last edited by creepyncrawly; 5th December 2013 at 08:14 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ View ]