Originally Posted by abgestumpft
thanks great news
Some other minor stuff
1. Cover stretching
"Scale Cover to fit" option should have in addition: keep aspect ratio.
Usually streching works fine for CD Covers (since they have square format).
But e.g. movie covers (something like 3:2) they are streched to square format too.
2. Musik download directory option:
Would be nice to be able to specify it by wildcards like:
3. Star rating:
I don't know if this is technically possible with upnp:
It would be nice to be able to rate songs (=change star rating in mp3 tag) via BubbleUpnp.
4. Streaming to Philips NP 3900:
When having selected in options "Show playing track time" = Remaining time:
In "now playing" on the left of the slider the elapsed time is displayed correctly. On the right hand side (that usually displays remaining time) nothing is displayed. The slider is always in start position.
In "playlist" elapsed time is shown (instead of time remaining)
The rest (e.g. track advance) is working fine, so there's only this small cosmetic problem.
Works fine on WDTV Live and Local renderer. Seems to be an issue with the Philips NP 3900. But with the available information (track length and elapsed time) it should be possible to show remaining time.
1. Good catch. Now "Scale Cover to fit" computes the image ratio and if it is not near square it will scale the cover to fit width, preserving aspect ratio. This obviously works better for video covers
2. This would be ok for a desktop app but really too complex for a phone app
3. Not possible with upnp as there is no way to alter the files
4. This indeed a bug of the NP 3900 reporting wrong duration for the track, probably 0, which is interpreted as "infinite length", for example for web streams. In that mode duration is not displayed nor can be used.
This probably could be workarounded using the track length from the Media Server which is usually known.