Gingerbread update info

Search This thread

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
And in my opinion mine was as well. Wait, are you trying to shut ME up now? That should totally contradict your holy principles of allowing others to post their own opinion. *coughs*

What exactly is your point then? btw did you notice i didnt shut up? will you thank god for that? ;)

I'll ignore the uneducated content and just say: oh now you're just assuming stuff and trying to hurt my feeling... boohooo. I am sad = prepare for sad smillie coming up -> :(

Why are you feeling like you're supposed to defend someone else anyway? I wasnt talking to you! So leave me alone, you're boring me.

ohhh i forgot... kids attention span is too short... they get bored easily... and btw did you read at any point in my post that you should shut up? no,but i guess your defense line goes as far as that... when you have nothing to say you just invent things... i just told that anyone can post their opinion if it is different but they dont have the right to shut anyone up. and yeah i thank god you dont shut up so that everyone can see just how petty you are. no wonder people call you a troll... and not only here but also in your own thread ;)

wencel

Oct 21, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S10+
i'll be surprised if we'll ever get Gingerbread. To be honest after few promises and delays i dont trust to this information at all. And guys at the support are usualy the last to know some dates or details if this will be ever released, they're forced to promise even without knowing anything, thats a job of a support - calm the customer down.

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
i'll be surprised if we'll ever get Gingerbread. To be honest after few promises and delays i dont trust to this information at all. And guys at the support are usualy the last to know some dates or details if this will be ever released, they're forced to promise even without knowing anything, thats a job of a support - calm the customer down.

that we get gb is a de facto. the problem is when...

Jones D. Daemon

Sep 22, 2011
Rome
Hi...italy here!
I talked with the LG support center today, about GB update of P920...well...some bad news.
No GB update for the Optimus 3d until 2012, i tried to ask if in december 2011 could we see the update, but they give me a negative answer...so we have only to ask for a CM rom, based on GB or ICS...

nikosblade

May 28, 2008
Hi...italy here!
I talked with the LG support center today, about GB update of P920...well...some bad news.
No GB update for the Optimus 3d until 2012, i tried to ask if in december 2011 could we see the update, but they give me a negative answer...so we have only to ask for a CM rom, based on GB or ICS...

Jesus.... Seems i am done with this phone.

Darkforce101

Oct 15, 2011
LG Support (FaceBook):
LG would like to express its sincere thanks to all of the Optimus Series owners who have been waiting patiently for the Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade. We are excited by the high level of product interest that LG Optimus Series owners have shown, and we are taking all possible measures to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner.

The three premium smartphones of the Optimus Series will be upgraded first, as outlined below, followed by a global rollout thereafter.

LG Optimus 2X: Now available (as of 1st November, 2011) for open models in Europe
LG Optimus 3D: Week commencing November 21st for open models in Europe
LG Optimus Black: Week commencing November 28th for open models in Europe

The exact timing of the upgrades in each market may vary because of the different requirements in each country with respect to domestic operators and models. Please contact local service representatives to check the specific upgrade schedule in your market.

Again, LG greatly appreciates the support and feedback that customers have given during the upgrade delay, and we will do our utmost to continually provide better service in the future.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Masinac and nic85

DrGomez

Jan 14, 2011
Hi...italy here!

woah fail :p *coughs* What do we learn from this? NEver trust or give value to support employees or ppl who claim to have gotten a definite info on release dates. No offence :p

Yay for Gingerbread... in more or less 21 days.

abo_mara7

Oct 9, 2010
GingerBread update looks promising:

Optimus3DUpdate1.png

Optimus3DUpdate2.png

Optimus3DUpdate3.png

Pictures taken from the leacked GB version, source:
phandroid.com/2011/11/03/lg-optimus-3d-gingerbread-update-brings-improved-data-speeds-and-video-recording/

Jones D. Daemon

Sep 22, 2011
Rome
woah fail :p *coughs* What do we learn from this? NEver trust or give value to support employees or ppl who claim to have gotten a definite info on release dates. No offence :p

Yay for Gingerbread... in more or less 21 days.

I've only reported wath i knowed from the official lg support...but i'm happy.. 2 weeks and we will have GB!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    was talking with a tech support guy in lg uk forums via chat support and got this:
    Mobile Phone Support: Hello, Guest. Can I help you with anything today?
    Mobile Phone Support: You're through to Stefan, how may I help?
    : yes. i have a question about optimus 3d but i don't know if i can ask questions here or you are here only for support
    Mobile Phone Support: We will be more than happy to help with any queries you have, what would you like to ask?
    : my 3d camera lags a bit and is slow to start
    : i try to update but it says i have the lates version
    Mobile Phone Support: Ok, do you have any other apps running when attempting to use the camera feature?
    : nope
    : i tried emergency mode in lg update tool to restore my original firmware v10d (currently in v10k) but i get error when checking my phone imei
    Mobile Phone Support: Ok, I would suggest waiting for the Gingerbread update as this should improve the performance of the device. We are expecting Gingerbread to be available no later than November, unfortunately we cannot guarantee this as we have not been informed of an official release date.
    : ok ty man
    let's hope
    edit: lol at all this anger here... i created the thread to share info about gb update so anyone having such info is most welcome to post it. Meantime if expressing all this anger here makes you feel any better you can try expresing it by hitting the thank you button hard :D
    LG Support (FaceBook):
    LG would like to express its sincere thanks to all of the Optimus Series owners who have been waiting patiently for the Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade. We are excited by the high level of product interest that LG Optimus Series owners have shown, and we are taking all possible measures to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner.

The three premium smartphones of the Optimus Series will be upgraded first, as outlined below, followed by a global rollout thereafter.

LG Optimus 2X: Now available (as of 1st November, 2011) for open models in Europe
    LG Optimus 3D: Week commencing November 21st for open models in Europe
    LG Optimus Black: Week commencing November 28th for open models in Europe

The exact timing of the upgrades in each market may vary because of the different requirements in each country with respect to domestic operators and models. Please contact local service representatives to check the specific upgrade schedule in your market.

Again, LG greatly appreciates the support and feedback that customers have given during the upgrade delay, and we will do our utmost to continually provide better service in the future.

Thank you very much.
    hahaha you guys got no patience.

From what's been going on, LG hasn't lied. They first said Gingerbread upgrade will come in September, but that date has been pushed to October/November due to testing reasons. Makes sense. Lots of unexpected stuff can happen during the testing phase. Also testing isn't conducted in just an hour or two. It takes days to fully test the product. If there's any errors, they go fix it up and then test some more. When its stable enough they release it as a beta to a wider audience and then when its considered stable enough for wide use it'll be released to the others.

LG did say October/November, No later than December. Its only mid-October right now.

I know, I know, most of you guys will be commenting about how you've been patient and waited this long but LG hasn't released anything. Probably put in more useless comments about the same thing, but just face it, you're impatient. You buy the phone knowing it'll be upgraded, you see a delay then think "OMG!!! IMBECILES!" Then think, okay fine I'll wait patiently... next week comes, "OMG!!! STILL NO NEWS?!?!" Then at that point, each passing day you get more and more impatient. Probably most of you have made all those pointless remarks about LG giving delayed updates and no longer recommending the phone, but I still find the problem is in you guys, not in LG. They are working on a release and bringing it out after its working properly. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with testing it out extensively. Impatient people will be unhappy about anything that doesn't fit their needs.

Most likely, once we get Gingerbread, there will be complaints about not receiving Ice Cream Sandwich yet. And when there's a delay due to testing purposes there will be more complaints. Feels like lots of the complainers are just ignorant and self-centered. Ignorant because they don't really comprehend what's going on during development phases even if they believe that they do and self-centered because they got the mindset that they cant' have a phone that's behind other people. A superiority complex is hard to fix, good luck.
    I dont really care about lg anymore. There are some really skilled guys at cyanogen who will help us to always have the newest version of android. Just be patient and if u get it... donate a little bit to those guys, so they can buy a beer

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk
    Sent this to LG Nordic today. I was a little bit upset when i wrote it. Aren't normally this mean. ;-)

Hej LG.

Undrar vart den utlovade GB uppdateringen är till min telefon.
    Under all kritik att den inte kommit när nu ICS lanseras. Kom nu inte med något undvikande svar att du inte har den informationen. Antingen är LG ett helt inkompitent företag som inte ska släppa telefoner eller så får jag ett bra svar.

Ser att era försäljningssiffror går neråt gällande telefoner. Inte så konstigt med omstartande telefoner, och brist på kommunikation från er. Tyvärr upplevs ni som nonchalanta och oseriösa runt om på nätet. Det svar jag får kommer sättas upp på såväl XDA forum och swedroid forum.
    Gör nu ett försök till att lyfta förtroendet för era kunder.

MVH: Johan

Translates into:
    Hi LG.
    I wonder where the promised october GB update is! It´s unspeakable that it hasnt been released now that Goggle is anouncing ICS.
    Either LG is a company with incompetent people or pherhaps you could give me a straight answer.

I see that your sales in phones is decreasing. Not so suprising with phones that reboots and no feedback from LG. I´m sorry to say that you come across as nonchalant and not serius around the "net". Your answer will be posted on XDA and Swedriod forum. Now pls try to "save some face" in front of your customers.

Best reegards: Johan

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk