How to access videos stored on SD through HTC Album ???

Search This thread

dr_s

Mar 3, 2007
Birmingham
There is a registery tweak so that photos taken from camera are stored in storage card\my documents\my pictures (instead of DCIM forlder) and then they are accessible in HTC album when you click Photos in the cube.

However, though video recordings are stored on SD card as well in My Documents\ My Videos but they are not visible through HTC Album. Only My Videos folder on My Device is accessible.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem ????

Thanks.

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Possible solution

I have had the same problem. And i've tried a few things, but strangely it doesn't work perfectly for the player part. (but it DOES work)

First i opened the registry and browsed to the following key:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3

Since that dir seems to be linked to the videoplayer on the device, you should open the dir and view the value of Path, you'll see its linked to \Windows\HTCAlbum.exe. Now...

HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_2 is stated to be used for viewing Photos (which exactly and ONLY seems to do that), and contains the same Path value which ALSO points to \Windows\HTCAlbum.exe.
Does that mean HTCAlbum can view both types? (i don't think so) And what happens if I change the value of Path in the HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3 dir to let's say: \Windows\wmplayer.exe?
Let's try :)

After a softreset the Video button in the cube starts Windows Mediaplayer. It also gives me an error message stating the file cannot be played, it might be corrupt or not supported. (weird because i'm not opening ANY file)
Anyway, after manually browsing to my storagecard, i can select the right folder and play my recorded videos. Now let's see if we can fix the storage path of the camera, shall we? ;)

I open HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3\param. The value I enter is \Storage card\DCIM\100MEDIA\ Which i think is also the default path, but i could be wrong. In any case, after i do a small test by recording a video, it's saved in the \Storage card\DCIM\100MEDIA\ directory and it plays in Windows Media Player.

Now I just need to get rid of that annoying Error message when starting up WMplayer. You could also use coreplayer if you have it, i'm not so fortunate :( Hope it was of any use.

HardRoc

Mar 26, 2005
I have had the same problem. And i've tried a few things, but strangely it doesn't work perfectly for the player part. (but it DOES work)

First i opened the registry and browsed to the following key:
HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3

Since that dir seems to be linked to the videoplayer on the device, you should open the dir and view the value of Path, you'll see its linked to \Windows\HTCAlbum.exe. Now...

HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_2 is stated to be used for viewing Photos (which exactly and ONLY seems to do that), and contains the same Path value which ALSO points to \Windows\HTCAlbum.exe.
Does that mean HTCAlbum can view both types? (i don't think so) And what happens if I change the value of Path in the HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3 dir to let's say: \Windows\wmplayer.exe?
Let's try :)

After a softreset the Video button in the cube starts Windows Mediaplayer. It also gives me an error message stating the file cannot be played, it might be corrupt or not supported. (weird because i'm not opening ANY file)
Anyway, after manually browsing to my storagecard, i can select the right folder and play my recorded videos. Now let's see if we can fix the storage path of the camera, shall we? ;)

I open HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3\param. The value I enter is \Storage card\DCIM\100MEDIA\ Which i think is also the default path, but i could be wrong. In any case, after i do a small test by recording a video, it's saved in the \Storage card\DCIM\100MEDIA\ directory and it plays in Windows Media Player.

Now I just need to get rid of that annoying Error message when starting up WMplayer. You could also use coreplayer if you have it, i'm not so fortunate :( Hope it was of any use.

I tried this and it didn't work...the key I have at HKLM\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_3\param is actually -mode:camera -type:video right now, not a path to my videos...

Scott Hays

Oct 24, 2006
Access video from memory card HTC Album

Found these cabs somewhere. The video fix allows access to memory card videos and the audio fix allows the sound to work. The only way I found to adjust the volume for videos is to adjust it in Windows Media Player and it will adjust the HTC Album Video Player.

Attachments

• HTCAlbumAudioFix.cab
    456.6 KB · Views: 53