Sound Quality Question

Search This thread

Edge1978

Feb 15, 2011
PA
I returned my iPhone 4S yesterday and thinking about heading to Target tomorrow for the SGS II. However as much as I liked my Nexus S, i didn't like that I had to put the phone face down in order to hear the text alert. How is the volume on the SGS II? If it is face up can you hear it pretty well?

Reactions: slifer315

slifer315

Oct 17, 2010
I returned my iPhone 4S yesterday and thinking about heading to Target tomorrow for the SGS II. However as much as I liked my Nexus S, i didn't like that I had to put the phone face down in order to hear the text alert. How is the volume on the SGS II? If it is face up can you hear it pretty well?

Yes, the speaker is quite loud. Oops, I clicked your thanks button on accident. :p

Sent from my SGS II.

Reactions: Edge1978

penguinlogik

Oct 28, 2011
When face up on a hard surface, you can hear it very well, however if on a soft surface, not as much. Because the bottom is thicker than the top, the phone sits at an angle, so the speaker holes aren't actually covered.

Speaker

Yes, it sounds loud and clear even though the speaker is on the
back side of the phone.

But on the bottom end on the back of the phone there is a slight rounded "LIP" so
when you put it down face up the back side is not laying flush with the desk or table.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, the speaker is quite loud. Oops, I clicked your thanks button on accident. :p

Sent from my SGS II.
    Just so you have a second opinion, yes, it is very loud.