Or Continue to Thread: [Q] HTC Sense for Galaxy Nexus…
Find Your Device:
14th November 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #23  
Flag UCSB
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfasu77

Why would you want that bloated overrated piece of **** on the galaxy nexus?

Hardcore android fans should support sense porting projects regardless of how they feel about it. The point of Android is that you can customize it any way you like. The dev community at XDA is AMAZING and despite my Apple fanboyness has kept me buying androids over iPhones through my entire life as a smart phone enthusiast.

The fact is, tons of people (including me) enjoy having the consistant interface that HTC devices provide. The only problem is that HTC can never seem to fix their battery problem. I currently have a Droid Charge, and the battery life just kills that of my Eris. The GNex supposedly will have a relatively good battery for a 4G device, and would be the obvious choice for anyone who looks to essentially get everything they want -- including their choice of interface.

It's up for Devs to decide whether it is worth it to them to take on the project, but I think anyone who posts that Sense is a silly piece of software bloating up otherwise beyond functional devices really doesn't understand what android is and what XDA developers is about.

Of course, the likelyhood of people having success in porting sense to the Gnex is very slim. All I know is that, like someone mentioned, this gets posted on every phone's forum section, and there are very very few devices that actually end up getting a port.

I'm crossing my fingers, but if we don't get Sense, I'm looking forward to MIUI, TouchWiz or anything else that allows me to keep changing my phone to keep my "grass is always greener" mentality alive (change is always good).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zigzackattack For This Useful Post: [ View ]