for those wondering if the Rezound is worth it...

Search This thread

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
Well, I got one today. haven't really done much with it yet but figured you'd at least like to know this....
performance-wise(navigation, app handling, etc)... it doesn't seem to be much faster then an overclocked TB.
"Beats By Dre" - the 'enhancements' only work with the stock Beats Music player, which is really just some cuatom EQ setting built into the app. I tested the headphones on the Rezound and on my Sansa Sandisk MP3 player w/ the EQ set the way I like it. the headphones ended up sounding better/louder on the Sansa as well as the bass hit harder.

and I have this delightful dead pixel on the screen(not to mention the buttons light up pink)

so obviously, there's no rush to upgrade your Thunderbolt yet(unless you fancy the pink)

Ol' Blue

Jul 6, 2010
This is good information since I just picked up my T-bolt last week for a whole lot less money than the Rezound. On a sad note, it got it's first scratch on it this morning as it flew under my seat from taking a curve too fast. :eek: Screen protector and case that I ordered two days ago is still in the mail. :(

mthe0ry

Feb 13, 2011
I was in the store the other day and played with the Rezound. I agree that it is not much smoother than the TB when overclocked, and I personally have my doubts about Android's ability to utilize a dual core CPU period, so I was not expecting the performance to blow me away. Quadrant was similar to the performance of an OC thunderbolt as well. Again, cite the inability to use both cores efficiently. Quadrant does have quite a few flaws, but it was the best available given the circumstances.

All of that said, THE reason to own a Rezound without any doubt in my mind is the display. What I saw of the display thoroughly impressed me, the high PPI and clarity was pretty astounding.

So, if I bought one and had a dead pixel I would be really, really pissed and demand a refurb or take it back in the 14 day grace period, because thats like buying a benz and finding out its a body kit on a honda.

scottthreet32

Oct 17, 2008
Take it back point out flaw demand another new phone.once you get past 14 days your screwed with remans

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Ol' Blue

Jul 6, 2010
It is running good and I am getting good battery life after some adjustments, so I don't have anything to complain about, except for my stupidity. I have read where some people have had problems with the finish peeling on the kickstand. They just polished it off, so I may end up doing that later.

hogasswild

Dec 18, 2010
I just got my Thunderbolt a few weeks back to replace my battle hardened Droid X. I have to say that the Thunderbolt is very smooth and fast. This is the first time I decided not to go with a phone on its release date to save money in awhile. My only complaint is battery life but I just ordered the Rezound battery for $20 from Verizon. We'll see how that does.

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
Ive honestly havent heard anything spectacular, thanks for backing it up!

After a week my phone has not had any problems and there is nothing wrong with my screen. The system runs much smoother and faster because of the extra available memory and dual processor. The audio is a lot better. Once all the bloatware is gone it should be blazing fast and you should have close to 500mgs free memory. I never had any problems with my TBolt , but I really think this is a great phone and a good upgrade. When it's rooted the sky's the limit.

Sent from my HTC
LTE 4G Rezound

satseaker

Feb 10, 2011
it should work just consider all the testing that was done with the thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I got one today. haven't really done much with it yet but figured you'd at least like to know this....
    performance-wise(navigation, app handling, etc)... it doesn't seem to be much faster then an overclocked TB.
    "Beats By Dre" - the 'enhancements' only work with the stock Beats Music player, which is really just some cuatom EQ setting built into the app. I tested the headphones on the Rezound and on my Sansa Sandisk MP3 player w/ the EQ set the way I like it. the headphones ended up sounding better/louder on the Sansa as well as the bass hit harder.

and I have this delightful dead pixel on the screen(not to mention the buttons light up pink)

so obviously, there's no rush to upgrade your Thunderbolt yet(unless you fancy the pink)