Or Continue to Thread: [24sept12]How to Root/Unroot S…
Find Your Device:
22nd November 2011, 05:41 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 8

15 posts
Angry OSX and Linux Script
Hello fellas, i modified the script runme.bat from the method 1 (zergRush) in order to make it to work with OSX and Linux. As usual all credit goes to previous authors, i just rewrote the file but didn't really modified it.

I attached the script that you can use by placing it in the same directory as runme.bat. There's also an archive that i made for lazies (like me ) !

The script is working on Linux (rooted my GNote with it), should be the same for MacOSX

Tutorial

In order to use it, you must respect the following prerequisite :
  • Ensure that adb is in you path (using "which adb" command for example).
  • Have python installed on you system (should be, but check in case of).

Procedure

- Unzip the archive attached here, run a terminal (for Linux you know how to, using OSX go to /Applications/Utilities/Terminal - spotlight is your friend).

- Go into the directory DooMLoRD_v3_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su-OSX_Linux, then launch the command "python runme_OSX_Linux.py" (without quotes).

And voilą !

Few tips
-If you don't know how to use the terminal on OSX just rename the .py file to .command, this should make it executable like a app (has not been tested but should work).
-You can directly make the script executable by chmoding it (chmod 755 runme_OSX_Linux.py) so you won't need to specify the python command in order to use it (then i will be possible to launch it using "./runme_OSX_Linux.py" (without quotes)).

There's no other tip
Last edited by perif; 22nd November 2011 at 05:45 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to perif For This Useful Post: [ View ]