Exclamation It's the True Brick!!! (Task 2a SOLVED!!!!)

HUGE BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST IN:

May 12th, 2008

ENTER "FrankenKaiser"

For the past several weeks, I've been working with Jocky on unbricking devices with nuked SPL's as a result of task 2a MTTY commands. Last week the amazing Jocky found a way to exploit OEMSBL & to Security Unlock a BRICKED device via dload mode. That's right, you heard correctly, Jocky Security Unlocked a bricked device, giving me access to all of the OEMSBL, Radio Boot Loader commands!!!

Subsequently, Jocky has written a tool that will then use this exploit to load a new SPL via Dload mode into ram & do some device initialization. After three chalenging & frustrating weeks, we were able to load a SPL into ram, get the spl to stick & voila.....I now have the first ever Kaiser recovered from being a nuked SPL brick!!!!

I won't give to many details, as this is really Jocky's baby & it's his place to share the information as he sees fit, but I'll tell you that this tool may be the start of something huge! It will allow you to test SPL versions & recover from bad SPL flashes. I believe this tool is also going to be the center of fixing the locked AT&T radio's.

I can take no credit for this tool, I was really nothing more than a brave & willing guinea pig, that occasionally floated theories, & remembered some of the little stuff.

Jocky did let me name the tool, based on the first thing I thought & said when we were talking about the theory behind the tool, which was "Oh my God, It's alive, it's aliiiiive!!!!", so the tool has been named FrankenKaiser!

If you have a Bricked Kaiser, Let me know, post it here in this thread until Jocky start a thread specifically related to this new tool. Please don't overwhelm Jocky with requests & PM's, as the tool must be moddified for each & every different OEMSBL version. If you have a task 2a or other bricked Kaiser, please PM me or post the info here on this thread & depending on the type of brick you have, someone will let you know if this tool can help you.

Okay, it's true I've put my Tilt thru hell & back trying to help out the noobie. I have done partial flashes, radio & rom, to recreate their problems in an effort to guide them thru the solutions.

I've alway been able to recover......Until now!

A WARNING TO ALL USERS FROM OTHER DEVICES NEWLY COMING TO THE KAISER!!!

After countless trips to hell & back for my device, it finally, It is totally dead. After doing a few MTTY task & info calls while assisting a noobie I decided to format my device & the nand storage to start afresh. Now I am stuck in OEMSBL.

Should you try and format or dump bad blocks as previously possible on some older devices using the task 2a command. There are several thing you need to know. Firstly, you'll need to immediately flash a new SPL BEFORE soft resetting. Otherwise, your device will not boot period. You will find that the service LED light stays green like it is fully powered, & the "GREEN" light will come on whenever you hit the power button, but when you plug it into the USB port on your PC, it will only be seen as new hardware & will add the following new devices: a NMEA GPS Device, a Qualcomm Data Device, an Qualcomm Diagnostic Interface, a Baseline Modem, Baseline Storage Device, etc. But A/S will not run & MTTY cannot communicate using standard commands nor can it be used thru the USB port.

The reason this happens is becauser you have just completely formatted the NAND, essentialy killing the Boot Loader or SPL.

As of this time, there is no known recovery for this type of brick. Several people are working towards a fix, but unless your device is security unlocked, there will be no miraculous recovery.

ALWAYS EXCERSIZE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN COMMUNICATING THRU MTTY WITH SPL OR WITH OEMSBL. DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE SPL COMMANDS ARE STATIC> THEY CAN & DO CHANGE BETWEEN DIFFERENT SPL VERSIONS & DEVICES.

As an example, Tilt Devices with the 1.56SPL can execute the boot command, whilee HTC 1.93SPL devices cannot & require a task 8 to reset.

If you do not know what SPL is, or have no idea the available commands & their effects, do not use them.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: