Issues in Google Maps / Google Sky Map (with video)

Search This thread

chiehkai

Feb 7, 2010
Taipei
I had realized that the pointer in Google Maps doesn't point to the correct direction. Exactly like this video :

In Google Sky Map, its impossible to rotate 360 degrees, gets stuck in a certain area.

However, the compass works completely fine in pure compass apps, such as GPS Status, or the "Compass" app from Catch.com.

Could someone who have a Razr do a test and let us know if its working for you?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Helmoot

Jun 23, 2011
Lexington KY
Google Pixel 4 XL
I had realized that the pointer in Google Maps doesn't point to the correct direction. Exactly like this video :

In Google Sky Map, its impossible to rotate 360 degrees, gets stuck in a certain area.

However, the compass works completely fine in pure compass apps, such as GPS Status, or the "Compass" app from Catch.com.

Could someone who have a Razr do a test and let us know if its working for you?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Maybe a noob solution, but might wanna give the compass calibration tool in the GPS-status app a try, it fixed an orientation problem in Maps on my wife's charge...it was only reading accurate directions while moving...GPS vectoring worked, but when the phone relied on the magnetic orientation it pointed in the wrong direction... after compass calibration it worked fine

Top Liked Posts