Or Continue to Thread: [ROM] Ice Cream Sandwich for H…
Find Your Device:
27th November 2011, 06:06 AM   |  #111  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 61

475 posts
More
Since there has been alot of flashing issues let me help by documenting exactly how you have to do the MTD (Specifically MTD only as it's been a long time I've done the SPL/Radio upgrade so I'm not too sure on that

1. Firstly download FR-recovery-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip and FR-boot-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip (Scroll down linked OP and see attachments)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=717874

2. create mtdpartmap.txt (or you can use mine attached and feel free to modify accordingly as per requirements per ROM revision) and put on /sdcard/

3. Download and install through ROM Manager latest CWM (2.5.7 I believe)

4. reboot to recovery

5. nandbackup

6. wipe cache + data (Or if you're too lazy to scroll thru CWM's options, use OHSAKA's, see attached for your convenience)

7. Reboot into recovery again

8. In CWM, enable mount /sdcard ( make sure you mount sdcard first, else you won't be able write to sdcard/mtdpartmap.txt).

9. flash FR-recovery-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip

10.reboot to recovery

11.Flash ROM ( As an added precaution, recommended to mount /system before flashing)

12. flash FR-boot-v1.5.8-CustomMTD_S.zip

13. reboot

Validated myself as I'm posting this so it should work for most of you out there

PS: And yes, validated eZterry's kernels fixed WiFi issues but does not fix screen rotation issues as I need to disable Screen Rotation and pop out the keyboard to get portrait mode. Sync and market issues I believe are gapps related
Attached Files
File Type: txt mtdpartmap.txt - [Click for QR Code] (9 Bytes, 7032 views)
File Type: zip Ohsaka-SuperWipe_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (333.0 KB, 3210 views)
Last edited by almostthere; 3rd December 2011 at 09:22 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to almostthere For This Useful Post: [ View ]