Rockchip Usb Drivers
I made a little tutorial that will be a little more useful once we can finally unpack this thing. It is instructions for installing the proper usb driver for the soc (RK2918) that powers this tablet. Also directions for flashing the partition of your choice. Also for you hardware enthusiasts here is a link to download the official data sheet for the soc. It has a ton of interesting info that anyone could enjoy. Shows you what this thing is really capable of if properly modified/unlocked.
On with the tutorial!
You will need the following:
Drivers (windows only)
RK29 Update Tool
First things first MAKE SURE YOUR TABLET IS TURNED OFF and the USB is UNPLUGGED!!!!!!!!!
It is also recommended that you have at least half of your battery life remaining on the device.
And of course I am not responsible for any decisions you make whether they lead to bricking your device or pure profit!
1) Unzip the archive with the drivers. Don't forget where you unzip to.
2) Press and hold down the "menu" button. While still holding menu, plug the usb cord from the computer into the tablet
3) Your pc will start looking for a driver automatically. It should fail to find any, if given the option, choose manual install.
4) If not given the option, you need to go to control panel > Device Manager
5) You should see an unknown devices in the list, right click on it
6) Choose "Update Driver Software..." and a new window will open.
7) Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and another window will open
8) Browse to the folder you unzipped the drivers to. Select the appropriate folder for your operating system. EX. C:\PMID700\Drivers\64bit\win7
9) Make sure to check the box next to "Include subfolders"
10) Click the "Next" button and windows should successfully install your driver
RK29 Update Tool
1) Download the tool from link above and extract the .zip file and open it.
2) Double click the "RK29Update.exe". RKAndroidTool v1.29 will run
3) If you installed the driver correctly and still connected to the pc with device power off, the big bold message at the bottom should read "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb." Success! Your device is attached and ready to be updated!
4) The Flash tab is where you want to be. From here you can choose exactly which Partition(s) you would like to update.
IF YOU CLICK THE "ERASEIDB" BUTTON YOU WILL ERASE ALL DATA ON INTERNAL MEMORY.
If you do this make sure you have a backup or something to flash, as you will not even be able to turn on your device if you don't. I personally found this out the hard way, luckily I did an rkdump of all device partitions and was able to use the "RK29xxLoader(L).bin" and "parameter" files included in the "RK29_Update_Tool" folder, as I did not have the originals or update.img.
Have fun and be careful