[For DEV]Samsung Galaxy W I8150 kernel&platform source code

Search This thread

vdese

Nov 18, 2011
audio low capsule

Hi guys, someone managed to figure out how to increase the default values of the audio capsule? specifically, the value 6/7 is too low. thanks

G

GuestK0065

I was wondering if anyone has tried UOT Kitchen yet? Now that we have Recovery

I'm thinking of playing with the kitchen to create a mod. I'm just lazy about installing a VM w/ Linux.

Altough I would like for a custom kernel to come out first since I could use that + stock to replicate a #void ROM and I'm no dev, just a modder.

Last edited:

zaku90

Nov 14, 2011
can anybody help me, anybody have encounter force closed samsung keypad while using whatsapp or sms?? anybody can give explaination why is this happening?? :confused:
SC20111213-180153.png

jamidodger1

Jan 21, 2011
Norwich
Hey Guys,
I tweet'd SamsungUK and asked whether we'll get official ICS and they replied saying...
"Hi, at this time there is no official information on this matter, please keep checking our website for updates." Hmmm
Jamie.

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
I'm thinking of playing with the kitchen to create a mod. I'm just lazy about installing a VM w/ Linux.

Altough I would like for a custom kernel to come out first since I could use that + stock to replicate a #void ROM and I'm no dev, just a modder.

You can compile costum kernel from here, it is for samsung Galaxy W, arco68 made it.

andynroid

Apr 27, 2010
Klang Valley
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hey Guys,
I tweet'd SamsungUK and asked whether we'll get official ICS and they replied saying...
"Hi, at this time there is no official information on this matter, please keep checking our website for updates." Hmmm
Jamie.

SGH to give ICS....thin chance coz they are giving it to Ace however we wait for 2012 from arco68...cant wait to see arco's tagging on the kernel version on about phone.....nFinityII ?

G

GuestK0065

Yes for me, since 3 weeks . I have a EUR firmware.

Greets

THE-E

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App

Good good. Then I think I'll be getting to work tonight or tomorrow. :)

Where can I get STOCK roms for the W that I can disassemble at will? :D Google is not being my friend :(

Okay, found one @ SamMobile, gonna download a EUR version.

Last edited:

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
The one at SamMobile is asian as far as I know. I have the latest EUR version with Android 2.3.6. If needed I will post.

Grrets

THE-E

G

GuestK0065

The one at SamMobile is asian as far as I know. I have the latest EUR version with Android 2.3.6. If needed I will post.

Grrets

THE-E

Is it? They have Blue for european and that's what I was downloading. Post yours aswell if it's EUR. Me do want.

Edit: Triple WTF. How do I extract the firmware and which files? Damn Samsung xD

Last edited:

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
Is it? They have Blue for european and that's what I was downloading. Post yours aswell if it's EUR. Me do want.

Edit: Triple WTF. How do I extract the firmware and which files? Damn Samsung xD

THIS IS THE EUROPEAN FIRMWARE:
I8150XXKK1 Android 2.3.6 (EUR) (SALES CODES: XSK, XEZ, XEU, XEO, XEH,XEF, TPH, TOP, SMO, SEB, PAN, MSR, GBL, CYO, CPW, COA, BGL)
It is being recognized by Kies as latest firmware.
Instruction to flash stock ROM

Download-Mode

While switched off, keep the following buttons pressed. Release the power-button once the Samsung Galaxy W(I8150) is switched on.

Download.jpg

Download2.jpg

The download-mode is being used to flash firmwares, without using the official method of Samsung Kies. This should be reachable even if you have a corrupted firmware installed.

1. Go into the Download mode as instructed on top. As soon as the screen with the exclamation mark appears hit the Volume up-button. Now you should be in the download mode Connect your device to the Computer.

2. Download this file https://rapidshare.com/files/2528654376/Samsung_Galaxy_W_I8150XXKK1__EUR_.rar
and extract all the files.

3. Open Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe .

4. click on the OPS-Button and select die Ancora.ops file.

5. Set up the settings as followed:

mark the option: One Package, Protect OPS
unmark the option: Auto Reboot, Reset Time (Sec)

6.Click on the One Package-Button and select the downloaded MD5-file.

7. Click on the Start-Button. Flashing takes around 10-15 minutes. and the first start up takes up to 5 min., so please don't panic.

I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE !!! YOUR OWN RISK !!!

Good luck

@rest: I will create soon a thread were all the firmwares will be posted, including the HowTo.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0065

Thanks for the fw ;D

I have extracted the odin file and am now copying to my Linux VM

G

GuestK0065

When it comes to the Kernel, I simply have to build it according to the instructions right? No need to change anything?

G

GuestK0065

I was thinking, isn't there a way to create a script or app that switches internal memory and sd card mount in /sdcard/?

that way one could easily switch memories and use both for what he prefers.

also can someone get me the compiled custom kernel? my Linux won't build it =\

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm probably going to buy this phone, and if I do, I will definitely try to get CM going on it. I already maintain CM for two other phones, but as they're getting old and it's doubtful that ICS will work properly on them, I need something new to work on. :)
    Hello!

I am an owner of Samsung Galaxy W i8150 and since there is no forum section for this phone yet, I've deceided to open a thread here. Since I'm not a developer, maybe I will become one, but my lack of time and knowlage doesnt help here.

So why I've created this thread? My goal is to find people, whou would develope some stuff for this phone, or at least help me to do it.

What this phone need is a recovery, so we need to port one, maybe CWM recovery would be the best choice. Next thing is a costum rom, preferebly CyanogenMod. I've already make a post there. So far nobody offered me any help or advice regarding that, but I'm an optimist :D.

We already have root access, that can be acchived with this tool, so this could speed things up.

I really don't know how to start porting recovery or cyanogenmod, so some advice, directions and links would really be appreciated. What I've managed to find is a kernel source code and platform soruce code, any one who is willing to help with this, can download this code HERE (it is a dropbox link, so if you can't download it just make a dropbox account).

I hope that someone who has developed some roms for andorid in past will buy this phone, will help with this project.

That's all folks ;)

Have a nice day!

Please vote HERE for a forum section for this phone on XDA! So we could speed things up :).

UPDATE!!!

Developer KezraPlanes has voulontered to port CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.7) to this phone, which is a great news for Samsung Galaxy W owners. Next big thing will most probably come from well known developer arco68, he started porting(and we all hope he will continue after gettig his W back from the repair) CM 9 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.x) on our phone. Lets show those two guys some support, moral or in "beers" :)! Good luck guys!

For happy flashing ;) of new roms that are coming to us you'll need a recovery, which you can find here, thanks to the developer raidzero! I think he would also apreciate your support :)!
    arco68.....it has been a long time I have not been here FYI I have sold off my Tattoo and looking forward to grab this phone this December.

I wish the best of luck and to those joining you in the development and as usual be glad to provide you the feedbacks as usual....

Bring It On CM7 to Galaxy W :)
    Oh hai there mate! :) I still have the Tattoo, but needed something faster and more modern, and this phone seemed like a good choice taking the price into account.

Good news - I have clockworkmod recovery working now. It just needs to be tested a little before release.

I'm not sure it it's worth spending time now working on CM7. Better concentrate on CM9/ICS I think.
    Bad news. I managed to brick my phone after doing some changes to the sd card config for CyanogenMod building. I had the rom up and booting, there was a message about possible corrupt sd card, and when I rebooted the phone was dead. And when I mean dead, it's really dead. Can't turn it on or enter download or recovery mode at all. A developer for the Galaxy S Plus also bricked his phone while doing sd card changes as well. So it seems that Android does some very bad things if the sd card config is not correct, at least on these phones. I'm not sure if I will have the nerves to continue developing on this phone when I get it back from service. One wrong move and it might get bricked again. I'll probably would need some way to bring it back to life again myself, if I were to continue developing on it. And that means getting a JTAG device like the RiffBox.
    Just to remind to all the SGW Development all started here....1st there was a recovery created....RZR..pushed by qzem...then arco68 came to the picture when the source code was made available he started on the kernel coz he had yet (at that time) to buy this device.

Later eriksp shared the memory.card swapping etc.

Then came snake873 with his Italian ROM but he gave up trying n to get it to boot....it does not stop there we are ready to support you when you are ready...

In the duration arco68 managed to get his own CWM Recovery to boot but later got his SGW bricked...

Sent it for repairs and ended up with a mobo replacement n continued on after new year...

Later came The-E with his pictorial of rooting..recovery etc. He has helped me for the first time rooting my phone with stock ROM due to an issue.

BTW not to mention Irishpancake who is always around.....

Then came KezraPlanes with his broken lappy hooked up to a LCD in his attempt to cook a ROM after de-oxeding the stock ROM.

After a few push n encouragement the very first person to have cooked a ROM was KezraPlanes then to my suprise a fellow from my country cowithgun followed the same pace n came along TuxBrothers n Rio Saputro with another cooked ROM...

..Then came qzem to my suprise with another ROM....

I wish to extend to all in bringing this development esp to arco68 for developing the kernels n qzem for creating this thread making our very own thread section to materialize.

And now we wait for the ultimate ROM.....We already have GB maintainers n the brightest star shall be ICS on CM9 platform waiting to be fortified.....

P/S : I apologize to those I have not mentioned here but I will once I have gone thru the entire thread.

PLS DO NOT QUOTE REPLY THIS POST COZ I WILL BE EDITING IT :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium