Or Continue to Thread: [Dev] ICS Camera Driver Develo…
Find Your Device:
14th December 2011, 05:33 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 396

284 posts
More
Since there were a number of requests for the current code, I am releasing the code for two things:

1. Skeleton.zip - A skeleton HAL which shows you how to do simple image transfers back to the HAL/setting negotiation. This should help with developing drivers for any device or if someone wants to start the HD2 driver from scratch. It will also complete the process of picture transfer back to the camera HAL (with a fixed picture of course)

2. libcamera3.zip - Progress so far on the HD2 driver. It will init the sensor, change/negotiate settings with the HAL.
It also implements notify/data callbacks which have changed significantly with ICS. There are scripts in there to help with getting the driver to the HD2 and chmod the devices so you dont have permission issues.
I used tytung's latest ICS build and the HD2 AOSP dev environment (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1361859) see post #3 how to set it up. You may need to pull binaries from the ICS build to the prebuilt folders in the SDK in order to link the driver properly.

The scripts assume the git repository above is in ~/ICS/ and the Android SDK (with adb) is in ~/android-sdk-linux/

Documentation is nonexistant, but it should be easy to figure out. I cannot help anyone with what QualcommCameraHardware.cpp does, I did not change it much apart from implementing the new callbacks and the ICS HAL wrapper.

I wont have much time to work on it, so hopefully someone else can get the ball rolling on getting the shared memory stuff to work properly. Likewise, set up a git repo somewhere for others to contribute.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libcamera3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (51.1 KB, 3423 views)
File Type: zip skeleton.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.4 KB, 2426 views)
Last edited by zivan56; 14th December 2011 at 05:49 AM.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to zivan56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]