Or Continue to Thread: [Info]Making/Using a Factory C…
Find Your Device:
17th December 2011, 01:31 AM
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 543

2,007 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrostic

Was just thinking. If you used a female breakout board with a male breakout board you could essentially ground the male boards ground to the male boards vcc. And the female boards ground to the male boards ground as well.

This way you could leave vcc hanging (capped of course) from the female source (computer) side.

Hope this sparks some good conversation .
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

This will NOT work, as the female breakout boards from Sparkfun does NOT have a breakout trace for pin 4 present. Only the male breakout boards have all 5 pins/traces needed. I've purchased hundreds of both and sold thousands of download mode JIG's for Samsung phones, and was forced to modify the female breakout boards to include a pin 4 trace for special projects of mine. I do not know if they since added the trace or not and its been over a year now since I asked for this feature.

Is there even a market for these factory cables?

EDIT: I have managed to make these after many weeks of research, material sourcing and testing done by members krelvinaz and ttabbal. Below is the information you need to get one.

I now have Factory Cables in stock for the Kindle Fire. Prices below include USPS First Class shipping usually by next day (Not counting Sat-Sun, these are the days I help my aging and loving Parents). These are manufactured in the USA by myself (out of Tijeras, New Mexico) I am a long time XDA member working hand-in-hand with other XDA members to get this cable as high quality as possible. They are tested multiple times before being shipped.

1.5' ft Factory Cable (Includes FREE First Class S&H)
$12.99 for U.S. deliveries. (FREE S&H Included)
$18.95 for most International deliveries. (FREE S&H Included)
NOTE: The International Pricing Scale here covers my extra costs, fuel, mileage and time involved with USPS International orders which by law requires I personally take these to the Post Office. In other words, PayPal does NOT allow me to print First Class International labels at home, they only offer me Priority and Express for substantially more money. Trust me I am keeping this price as low as I possibly can without breaking my pocket book.

3.0' ft Factory Cable (Includes FREE First Class S&H)
$13.99 for U.S. (FREE S&H Included)
$19.95 for International. (FREE S&H Included) (See Note Above)

Device Compatibility:
Kindle FIRE
Kindle Fire HD (7")
Kindle Fire 2 (7")
Motorola Atrix
Motorola Droid 1
Motorola Droid 2
Motorola Droid 2 Global
Motorola Droid 3
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Droid Charge
Motorola Droid Pro
Motorola Droid Pro Global
Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola Droid X
Motorola Napoleon
MOTORAZR2 V9m
Motorola Xoom
(NOTE: Factory Cables do NOT work on the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD models)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING:
DO NOT FORGET to tell me what Country I am shipping your cable to please! THANK YOU!!!

I have turned off my email settings as I am still getting to much email regarding this cable, lol, even after clearly telling people NOT to email me... jeez

So, from now on I need XDA members to:
1. (Click HERE!--> PRIVATE MESSAGE ME <--Click HERE!
2. Title the PM "Factory Cable Info Please"
3. Do NOT forget MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN, so I know which "PayPal Order Form" to reply with.

I do NOT need your address because the completed PayPal/USPS Shopping Cart transaction sends that to my printer by default. I do NOT need to know your current Kindle Fire situation. I just need you to kindly ASK for my PayPal order form and what country I will be sending the cable to. That's it, nothing more is needed and probably any and all questions you need answered will already be posted in my order form, along with kinfauns How-To Guides below. OH, and one last thing before I forget, I do not own a KF myself (or any Motorola device for that matter), so I can not help you fix your device, or walk you through the recovery process, all I can do is send you a high quality PRE-modified, highly-tested USB Factory Cable. However, using the cable is at your own risk, discretion and abilities. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE ORDERING!!! Thank You!

Your Research "should" start with these invaluable posts here by my fellow XDA member kinfauns... He is nothing short of a black belt in writing KF How-To Guides, lol

The Ultimate KF Beginners Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552547
Fastboot Mode Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1668159
Fastboot Command List: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23747804

NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO ORDER! Just click on the "Do not have a PayPal account link" during the transaction and paypal will commence to using any form of payment you may have, debit or credit cards as well. Just make sure your bank etc has your correct delivery address.

NOTE #1: My PayPal order page is written strictly in Forum Code so it will NOT work via email, it will ONLY WORK USING THE PM SYSTEM HERE. So, make sure you can receive Private Messages (Read NOTE #4)

NOTE #2: I do not ship to Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Ghana, Italy, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Vietnam or the Ukraine. These countries are known for mail mysteriously disappearing and I do not want to see someone lose out on their product because of dishonest postal services.

NOTE #3: I am no longer going to the post office every day due to cost of fuel and the age of my car, lol. I now simply drop it into my Blue box down the street for the post man to grab the next morning. The earlier you order the cable the better the chance its going out by that evening and actually moving along the next morning. However although I truly go out of my way for you, I still have a life and will not guarantee same day shipping. Although you can ask so many hundreds (actually its in the thousands) of xda members just how fast they got their item. I been making quality Moto cables and Samsung JIG's since July of 2010 and been here helping XDA members since 2007. I manage to get roughly 60-80% of my shipments out same day because I do very much realize how important it is to get this as quickly as possible. However, please order no later than Thursday Noon (MST) or I may not be able to ship until Monday. I've been bricked many times in the past myself so I know how it feels. IT SUCKS I KNOW!!! Thank you for your understanding!

NOTE #4: AND, one last important thing to mention as noted above. PLEASE make sure you have your PM system set to receive Private Messages from other members. I can't tell you how annoying it is that I get PM's from people asking for my Order Form only to get a message that you do not accept Private Messages. That is just plain annoying. If you do not accept PM's then how in the heck can I send them to you??? LOL I answer all PM's within hours usually, so if you do not get a reply from me within a day or so its probably because YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM...

I hope this hard work of mine pays off by helping you fix your device. My fingers are crossed... Thanks again!

SkOrPn
Last edited by SkOrPn; 9th March 2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: International Changes
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ View ]