Or Continue to Thread: [DISCUSSION] on the boot loade…
Find Your Device:
17th December 2011, 03:24 AM   |  #104  
Recognized Developer
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 9,655

5,204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGibson

I was able to reproduce this, once Pokey9000 corrected a typo:

1. I copied over a Honeycomb Sdcard image and replaced MLO and u-boot.bin from the factory.zip recovery image. That hung in boot.
  2. I copied over boot.img from the factory.zip recovery image, and renamed it flashing_boot.img. That booted (probably switched to the partitions on mmcblk0).
  3. I created additional partitions (using traditional FDISK) on the SDcard for /rom (FAT32), /bootdata (FAT32), /system (ext2), /cache (ext2), /data (ext2), and /image (FAT32). I then did "cp -a" for each of the above partitions on mmcblk0, to the corresponding new partition on mmcblk1. I didn't really expect the next step to use them, but if it did, I wanted the SDcard to be ready.
  4. I stripped off the ramdisk portion from flashing_boot.img, unpacked the ramdisk image, changed a couple init*.rc files to refer to the partitions on mmcblk1, repacked the ramdisk, and reattached it to flashing_boot.img. That started to boot (eg, "n" logo screen), reset (probably due to the ramdisk signature failure), and then booted normally (entirely from mmcblk0, I believe).
The fact that the results (failures) of #1 and #4 were different, I found very interesting.

Very good information!

If you can get UART we would have definate information. I have a feeling that the sdcard is booting though.