lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

1ZFWd.png

Known issues:
- Currently no multi-threading, which means when you press sync or compile, there is no loading bar (app looks like its failing, its not.). I am working on that.
(If you want to watch the output of the sync or compile, just open a terminal and type "cmc", I log all to the system.)
- When locking the CMCompiler to the unity launcher you have to logout and log back in refer: ubuntu bug 916098
- Currently there isn't great error logic and dialogs to warn you about everything. Something that is still being working on. Just run from the terminal if you have an issue that you need to report.
- Missing make clean and make installclean. These will be added in the future.

Found bugs to fix v0.1:
- No "/" at the end of custom repo string path.
- Error checking for compile start

*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
sudo apt-get update

Install daily dev builds:

Code:
sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-daily

Install beta builds:

Note: Not yet available.
Code:
 sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-beta
Install stable builds:
Code:
 sudo apt-get install cmcompiler
Note: You cannot have daily and stable at the same time. You can only use either or.

Source code | Bugs | Answers
Build info:
daily-builds

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg

IjnVz.jpg

121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMCompiler) HALP!

Error Codes:
Error: Need to sync first - After choosing compile, the program didn't find the needed .repo folder in your repo path. This assumes you never ran sync, so you never downloaded the code. You could have also renamed the .repo folder to something else, which would cause this error as well.
Error: device not found - Your device was not found in the repo, might be unsupported.
Error: Adb isn't running - First time running compile, you will need to have your phone connected and ADB running in order to pull off needed files from your phone.
Error: Extract-files came back False - This means a script called extract-files.sh failed to pull off those needed files from your phone.
Error: Compile error please check - This indicates that your build failed. You will need to run cmcompiler via terminal to get why.
Error: Repo Script needs setup - You don't have the repo script installed. Install it.
Code:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
chmod a+x ~/repo
sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo
Error: No device configured - Appears there is no device configured, just select one from the setup menu.

Removing old ppa:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove cmcompiler-daily
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:long-jeremie/ppa
About Cmcompiler CLI
** If you are still using the CLI version, I have not updated it in sometime. I might get back to that but for right now the gui is my main focus. Please understand. You could always clone and make edits to the CLI here

Last edited:

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Is there any support for pulling propriety files from a new phone or is that too specific?

Sent from my M9300 using xda premium

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Is there any support for pulling propriety files from a new phone or is that too specific?

Currently there is only support for devices from within the CM repo. There could be a plugin created though for specific devices that are not "supported" by cm. You would still need someone to write that plugin for that device since prop files are different for each device.

Novek

Feb 19, 2008
Tønsberg
Software for compiling on ubuntu:
32 bit:
Code:
git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool
64 bit:
Code:
g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib

lib32readline5-dev has been replaced by lib32readline-gplv2-dev on 11.10 :)
And "gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib" aren't used from 11.04 and up - not needed.

Nice work though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackRabbit1703

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
lib32readline5-dev has been replaced by lib32readline-gplv2-dev on 11.10 :)
And "gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib" aren't used from 11.04 and up - not needed.

Nice work though! :)
Updated second post. Thanks!

Hmmmm. :)

Code:
git clone https://github.com/lithid/CMC.git
cd CMC
./CMCompiler

Now we're talkin'!
I fixed that. No idea why I put that in their like that. Thanks!

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Currently there is only support for devices from within the CM repo. There could be a plugin created though for specific devices that are not "supported" by cm. You would still need someone to write that plugin for that device since prop files are different for each device.

Thanks.

If I could just figure out how to do it normally, I'd be fine. :p
unfortunately I can't seem to find anything about doing that.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Thanks.

If I could just figure out how to do it normally, I'd be fine. :p
unfortunately I can't seem to find anything about doing that.

If you are looking to build on a new device. Go to cms github and grab a device tree from a similar device. Then you can see how everything is working... gather the stuff you need along with the device specific edits and hours and hours of trial and error. You will eventually get it... Its a learning process.

Shidell

Jan 21, 2009
This is a really cool project. For those of us who are uninitiated in using Git/Repo, will this make "making changes" to CM easy for us? Obviously, I see "Update Repo" as an option, but it will really take care of the rest for us?

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
This is a really cool project. For those of us who are uninitiated in using Git/Repo, will this make "making changes" to CM easy for us? Obviously, I see "Update Repo" as an option, but it will really take care of the rest for us?
As of this moment. This doesn't support the needed bits for when you need to commit the code back to cm gerrit. This is something I am working on for my stable release. At this current state you can download the repo, assign a device, compile and update without any work needed done by the end user. When the rom is done downloading it gets placed in your home directory. I am not sure if that answered the question or not...

Soon there will be an option to make changes to the repo. This would enable repo start it would wait until you press enter again once changes are done and then commit them with repo upload. Of course this is still being worked out though.

Reactions: Shidell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
    Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

1ZFWd.png

Known issues:
    - Currently no multi-threading, which means when you press sync or compile, there is no loading bar (app looks like its failing, its not.). I am working on that.
    (If you want to watch the output of the sync or compile, just open a terminal and type "cmc", I log all to the system.)
    - When locking the CMCompiler to the unity launcher you have to logout and log back in refer: ubuntu bug 916098
    - Currently there isn't great error logic and dialogs to warn you about everything. Something that is still being working on. Just run from the terminal if you have an issue that you need to report.
    - Missing make clean and make installclean. These will be added in the future.

Found bugs to fix v0.1:
    - No "/" at the end of custom repo string path.
    - Error checking for compile start

*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
    I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
    Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
    sudo apt-get update

Install daily dev builds:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-daily

Install beta builds:

Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler-beta
    Install stable builds:
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install cmcompiler
    Note: You cannot have daily and stable at the same time. You can only use either or.

Source code | Bugs | Answers
    Build info:
    daily-builds

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg

IjnVz.jpg

121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMCompiler) HALP!

Error Codes:
    Error: Need to sync first - After choosing compile, the program didn't find the needed .repo folder in your repo path. This assumes you never ran sync, so you never downloaded the code. You could have also renamed the .repo folder to something else, which would cause this error as well.
    Error: device not found - Your device was not found in the repo, might be unsupported.
    Error: Adb isn't running - First time running compile, you will need to have your phone connected and ADB running in order to pull off needed files from your phone.
    Error: Extract-files came back False - This means a script called extract-files.sh failed to pull off those needed files from your phone.
    Error: Compile error please check - This indicates that your build failed. You will need to run cmcompiler via terminal to get why.
    Error: Repo Script needs setup - You don't have the repo script installed. Install it.
    Code:
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
    chmod a+x ~/repo
    sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo
    Error: No device configured - Appears there is no device configured, just select one from the setup menu.

Removing old ppa:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove cmcompiler-daily
    sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
    sudo ppa-purge ppa:long-jeremie/ppa
    About Cmcompiler CLI
    ** If you are still using the CLI version, I have not updated it in sometime. I might get back to that but for right now the gui is my main focus. Please understand. You could always clone and make edits to the CLI here
    for anyone still following, some big things are about to happen to cmc.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103024643047948973176/albums/5731412329610445089
    I know I haven't been updating the github code in a few days but that is because I have been working on a pretty decent update.

2in8t.png

Instead of the one interface and items branched off, this will be one unified Cyanogenmod Compiler. Each page will explain what the option is that you are choosing. If there are commands, it will show you them, this new update will actually teach you how to compile a rom without a gui, just by following the steps. This isn't just a walk through. It will be just like the old "setup" dialog I had, except with more information. I really hope you guys will enjoy the new update coming in the next few days.

Thank you.
    I have released the Beta v0.1 of the CMC GUI. Please be gentle if you run into issues. Been trying very hard to test everything I can.

Thanks!

READ THE OP