[SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [05-04 Facebook Home]

Search This thread

jknigga

Dec 23, 2010
Well you're always using a ROM, even a stock Android version is still called a ROM :)
Considering your question, I guess that as long your phone is rooted (meaning you can access the system files like SystemUI.apk) you can install this mod no problem :)

Touche. Thanks for the answer though, even though I suppose my question was just a tad unclear. :)

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
Is it possible to make icons that are like the "Web2.0" but all white? I'm looking for extremely minimal icons. Maybe with the same font as WP7 uses :) Or even wp7 themed icons, :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ac7822

Oct 11, 2011
Thank you to the OP for this.

I would like to confirm that the updater script worked on my LTE NEXUS. I just replaced the systemui.apk and flashed via recovery and it works.
Only disclaimer is I was running a custom rom- Gummynex 3.0 which is 4.03 so cant say if it works for stock or any other roms but i dont see why not.

Reactions: atticus182

SljnX

Nov 5, 2010
wow this is so beautiful!
i just bought my new galaxy nexus and rooted it...

i'll create my own softkeys (and maybe i'll share it to you). thank you so much!

Angosa_

Dec 28, 2011
trying to remake the mockup pic but the darn things are showing to dark on screen :(

EDIT:

Think I nailed it.. let me know if you want them :p

I've also created an own set of icons. My problem is the same as urs. My icons are slight to dark. Would u be so kind an give a short explanation of what uve done to solve that problem.

Thanks.
Angosa_

Last edited:

b00sted

Dec 24, 2009
Mount Morris NY
I've also created an own set of icons. My problem is the same as urs. My icons are slight to dark. Would u be so kind an give a short explanation of what uve done to solve that problem.

Thanks.
Angosa_

just cranked up the white value on the image. there is some alpha transparency going on w/ it so basically just raise the colors to above what u want and it will look right on the phone. for example take a look at my images compared to my screen, completely diff.

Angosa_

Dec 28, 2011
Thx for that hint. Ill try it that way first.
Any ideas to wipe that transparency out of the pic?

Herorich

Nov 8, 2010
Sandviken
I'm using MCR and the search button mod. Is it possible to add a search button in the "Pixelated Text Style"? It looks great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mmeidl78

May 6, 2010
Ulm
You can add my softkeys, too :)

screenshot_2011-12-23qdjzu.png

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20604890&postcount=8

I've got a download-link here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13179887/MobiFlip/SystemUI.apk

Maybe you insert a Menu-Key and a Search-Button into your collection in the 1st post?

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
I'm using MCR and the search button mod. Is it possible to add a search button in the "Pixelated Text Style"? It looks great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah I have been thinking about that, I could add it not a problem, will do that tomorrow!

You can add my softkeys, too :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20604890&postcount=8

I've got a download-link here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13179887/MobiFlip/SystemUI.apk

Maybe you insert a Menu-Key and a Search-Button into your collection in the 1st post?

Okay I will add your softkeys to the FP too! Thanks! There are already menu keys in all the files, I just haven't included them in the 'preview' picture :) and I don't have search button myself (I find it useless), but I'll add it whereever possible tomorrow!

Reactions: 360Razir

ac7822

Oct 11, 2011
I got a question. Im using a softkey mod and folowed your instructions and updater script to customize it but the mod is setup so the menu buttons are on both sides of the screen and always active, however the buttons dont appear unless theyre in an app that tells them to show up. IE. you dont see the menu button on the homescreen but it is active and can be used.
Is there an easy way to change this using PNGS and the systemui.apk so the menu button is always lit up. I tried looking around for maybe a blank PNG i can replace with a PNG of the buttons but couldnt find anything, also I dont know that much about this stuff.

Last edited:

mmeidl78

May 6, 2010
Ulm
Okay I will add your softkeys to the FP too! Thanks! There are already menu keys in all the files, I just haven't included them in the 'preview' picture :) and I don't have search button myself (I find it useless), but I'll add it whereever possible tomorrow!

For me it's only the look why I'm enabling the search-key. And I'm using NovaLauncher with disabled search widget to get mor place for widgets I'm really using :) The third thing is the customRom I'm using. It even got the "long-press-on-search-function" and I can give it actions (take screenshot, voice search, etc.)

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
I got a question. Im using a softkey mod and folowed your instructions and updater script to customize it but the mod is setup so the menu buttons are on both sides of the screen and always active, however the buttons dont appear unless theyre in an app that tells them to show up. IE. you dont see the menu button on the homescreen but it is active and can be used.
Is there an easy way to change this using PNGS and the systemui.apk so the menu button is always lit up. I tried looking around for maybe a blank PNG i can replace with a PNG of the buttons but couldnt find anything, also I dont know that much about this stuff.

I'm afraid that's something that can't be done by just editing images, I know Paul over at MoDaCo has a mod that changes the way the menu button appears, you could try to contact him if he wants to share this mod. You can have it if you cook a ROM in his online kitchen over at MoDaCo though, I have had it for a while but I like it better when it's invisible on the home screen :)

atticus182

Apr 29, 2010
Lienden
www.antonpost.nl
Big Update!!

I have created 5 new Styles, and added search button support to all my styles except for the Metal and Old Honeycomb styles and edited the preview images accordingly.

Have fun with them!

From tomorrow until monday I'll be on holidays for a long weekend, so I won't be around much this weekend :)

Cheers :cool:

PiloterB

Oct 19, 2009
can some one change the order of the keys? like in htc
thanks in advance

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,457

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am proud to present you my collection of Softkeys for the Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I'd be grateful if you want to press the Thanks button if you're going to use these Softkeys!

Read this before you apply these buttons!
    - If your ROM doesn't have a built-in Search or Big Menu softkey, then these images won't be used on your phone, it will only show Back, Home & Recent
    - You need a rooted phone otherwise none of these methods will work! Stock rooted combined with ZipThemer works for most people, MetaMorph not always so preferably use ZipThemer
    - The buttons will be a little less bright on your phone due to a layer of alpha transparency over them when you're not pressing them.
    - IT IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED TO DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THESE SOFTKEY MODS!

Regular Softkeys

Stock
    example.png

Download: REGULAR or ICS BLUE

Stock Colored
    example.png

Download: PURPLE or PINK or RED or Yellow or GREEN

Stock Reflect
    example.png

Stock Small
    example.png

Stock Small Reflect
    example.png

neXus
    example.png

Samsung Galaxy
    example.png

ZTE Grand
    example.png

Sony Xperia
    example.png

Droid RAZR HD
    example.png

Airbrush
    example.png

Facebook
    example.png

Font Based Softkeys

College
    example.png

Elvish
    example.png

Defused
    example.png

Droid
    example.png

Pixel
    example.png

Russia
    example.png

Installation Methods

*** AOKP ***
    1. Go to the Dropbox page of the style of your preference
    2. Download the images you need from the folder and save them (probably to /sdcard/download)
    3. Fire up Settings -> Rom Control -> Navigation Bar and select the images you just downloaded
    4. Done!

*** Paranoid Android ***
    1. Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
    2. Make a backup of your ROM in Recovery
    3. Extract SystemUI.apk from your ROM (located in /system/app) using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access
    4. Open SystemUI.apk and put each image from the MMZT_ file (located in /res/drawable-xhdpi) downloaded in the following folders located at /res (replace the existing images): drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi drawable-sw720dp-xhdpi drawable-sw1000dp-xhdpi and drawable-xhdpi
    5. Paste new SystemUI.apk into /system/app using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access

*** ZipThemer (Recommended, Failsafe) ***
    1. Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
    2. Open ZipThemer. If this is the first time using ZipThemer then you have to select "Update Edify", "Browse", and select the .zip of the ROM you're currently using (this identifies the update script and needed files, if you're using a flashed theme on top of your ROM then please select the theme instead of the ROM) and press "Configure"
    3. Go back to the main menu and press "+Theme", select the downloaded MMZT_ file and press "Build It!". Select "Always" on the popup prompt to make a backup in case it doesn't work or you want to undo
    4. Boot into recovery, and flash the zip on the root of your /sdcard/ like any other flashable ROM/Theme
    5. Wipe your Cache and Dalvik Cache just to be sure nothing weird happens on reboot
    6. Reboot your phone after this and you're done!
    7. If it somehow still fails just flash the "undo-zip" using steps 4-6 :)

*** MetaMorph (Easier but riskier than ZipThemer) ***
    1. Download and install MetaMorph from the Market
    2. Launch MetaMorph at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/. (You can also create the folder manually if it doesn't)
    3. Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link and move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
    4. Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
    5. Hit the "Apply all!" button and wait +/- 5 seconds (nothing will happen)
    6. Reboot your phone immediately after this and you're done!

Changelog
    21-11-'12: Continued working on new Styles
    01-12-'12: Added some new Softkeys (like Nexus X, Xbox 360, Metal Buttons)
    21-12-'12: Added Droid RAZR HD Softkeys
    22-12-'12: Added Sony Xperia Softkeys
    27-12-'12: Added ZTE Grand and Samsung Galaxy Softkeys
    29-12-'12: Added ZipThemer instructions and Paranoid Android instructions (thanks N4rbs!)
    01-01-'13: Added neXus Style and announced new Font-based Styles
    03-01-'13: Added ICS Blue styles for every 2013 Softkey Style, Colored for Stock Style and Migration of everything to Dropbox (for my convenience)
    08-01-'13: Added 6 Font-based Softkey styles, all of these fonts are hosted on http://www.dafont.org/
    Legacy Softkeys

Legacy Softkey Styles

My Softkeys 2012 - Includes Back-Search-Home-Menu-Recent

..:: Download Here ::..

HTC Style
    examplejc.png

HTC Reflective Style
    exampleik.png

HTC One Style
    examplegd.png

Win7 Style
    examplela.png

Windroid Style
    examplenf.png

Windroid Hollow Style
    exampley.png

dPhone Style
    examplebj.png

iPhoney Style
    examplec.png

iPhoney White Style
    examplebl.png

PlayStation Style
    examplext.png

PlayStation White Style
    examplej.png

PlayDroid Style
    examplekp.png

PlayStation Buttons Style
    examplerk.png

PlayStation Buttons White Style
    examplenx.png

PlayDroid Buttons Style
    examplelv.png

My Softkeys 2011 - Includes Back-Search-Home-Recent

>> Download Images Here <<

>> Download ZipThemer & MetaMorph Here <<

Balloon Style
    examplelc.png

Metro White Style
    examplecg.png

Metro Blue Style
    exampleet.png

Web2.0 Text Style
    exampleq.png

Pixelated Text Style
    exampleqg.png

Pixelated ICS Blue Text Style
    examplexm.png

Roboto V2 Style
    examplevq.png

Roboto ICS Blue Text Style
    examplegl.png

Old Honeycomb Style
    examplevy.png

Metal Square Style
    exampleoj.png

Blossom Style
    exampless.png

Simplistica Style
    examplejz.png

Droidfont Style
    examplel.png

Imonaboat Style
    exampleix.png

Perspective Style
    exampleyp.png

Floral Style
    examplev.png

Honeycomb Style
    examplepqm.png

Ok, for those that wanted it.....here is the link to the original blue reflection icons that I made....

http://www.multiupload.com/0KX21XBZGH

Feel free to add this to the OP if you want.
    Softkeys made by other xda-members

Download ICS Blue Reflection Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by hxdrummerxc, you can thank him HERE
    exampleb.jpg

Download Grunge Reflection Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by hxdrummerxc, you can thank him HERE
    previewxg.jpg

Download Purple Stock Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by SteroidalFish2, you can thank him HERE
    examplef.png

Download Blue Circles Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by s60mike, you can thank him HERE
    examplenv.png

Download Blue Honeycomb Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by s60mike, you can thank him HERE
    examplessa0wz.png

Download Blue OSCI Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    previewnn.png

Download Grey Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    naamloosbf.png

Download Grey Reflected Style Images (no MetaMorph!) created by nikosrs4, you can thank him HERE
    naamloosqh.png

Installation Methods (I recommend Method 1)

Straight from your Galaxy Nexus
    1. Easy Breezy Method - Using MetaMorph (only for the MetaMorph links!)
    1. Download and install MetaMorph from the Market, open it at least once so that the folder AndroidThemes will be created on /sdcard/
    2. Download a Softkey Style using the MetaMorph link and move this .zip file to /sdcard/AndroidThemes using your favorite file explorer
    3. Open MetaMorph, choose "Unzip/Extract new theme" and select the .zip file you downloaded. A popup screen will appear, meaning it has been extracted. Press the "Close" button.
    4. Hit the "Apply all!" button and wait +/- 5 seconds (nothing will happen)
    5. Reboot your phone immediately after this and you're done! Oh, and set a new wallpaper because it may be restored to default (ProTip!)

Thanks alot everybody!

I have converted all these for use with MetaMorph, credit for each icon pack was given in the install pack :)

I will be uploading a few I have modified/made myself

Dropbox Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

MediaFire Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

Box.com Folder Galaxy Nexus MetaMorph Icon Packs

You guys know where the Thanks button is located :)
    Ok, I got bored and just created a new set of icons..... :)

Here is the download link, followed by some screen shots:
    http://www.multiupload.com/TGAXLDZU14

Using the words "search" and "recent" were too long for the icons design and font size, so I changed search to "find" and recent to "task" (like task manager)