[APP]TUN.KO Installer - Over 6100+ TUN modules in our database

Search This thread

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
NOTICE: This app requires root access to install tun.ko

TUN.ko installer automates the installation of tun module that is required by VPNs like OpenVPN. You can also use this app to share your tun module for others to use. The files used by this application is updated by users submitting their own working tun modules.

We are just collecting these tun modules. We cannot guarantee that the modules will 100% work on your phone. Although files submitted are tested first and made sure that it loads properly on the device before it is added in our database.

This is not a request thread for tun modules. If its not in our database then you must have to wait until someone uploads the tun module for your phone.

If you are looking for a tun module for your phone kindly visit this page to check if your phone is in the list: http://droidvpn.com/tun-repository.php

Right now we are still building our tun modules database so it is possible that the app will not find the right tun module for your phone. For now lets share this app to other android users so that if they already have a tun module installed in their phone, they would be able to share it in our database.

Download in android market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aed.tun.installer

Using TUN.ko Installer
1. Check if you still need a tun module for your phone. If it says "TUN module is loaded" it means that you already have a tun module installed and loaded. If it says "Tun module is not loaded" then goto step 2
2. Click the install button to start checking if we have a working tun module for your device in our database.
3. Wait for the installation to finish. If we do not have a tun module just try again later.

Note: You can select the properties that you only want to match with the properties of the tun module in our database. For example if you know that a tun module built for kernel 2.3.6 will work on your phone you can uncheck all the other properties of your phone and leave only the kernel.

Submitting your own tun.ko:

If you already have a tun module for your phone, you might want to share your tun module for others to use. Just follow the instructions below.

1. Make sure tun.ko is already loaded in your device.
2. Click the Share my tun.ko button
3. Wait for the upload to finish.

Screenshots

ycsC_hT0Fo5FL4IwoJMSxMrWd6MrEQmXybHjvuRF5gJCRQVD5AuEQdR_9JUtjbnam3I
w7r__oOhL6ZLUCk5wq6S2YoNq-RC0dXH0dKpsZWcbQyFGtQ71QcrtBjmKFD8bOf0Bg
Gt1mWj5T-JH66tc0aGO_0ylqYtuQw11Gfi5zTuP1bS5lI7QU6szFY8HRqUFL3m94Zz8

Last edited:

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
Frequently asked questions

Q: Can you upload the tun.ko file here since the app says "Downloaded module is incompatible".
A: If our app already says that it is incompatible then there is no point in manually loading the module since I am 99.9% it will not work either. We already had a lot of requests like this and none of them made it work.

If our app says its incompatible or it cannot find the right module then that's it because it will really not work. you just have to wait until a new module that will work for your phone will is uploaded.

FYI: Our database has multiple entries of tun.ko for a single phone and our app tries to load them all until it finds a module that actually works. It will even try to load the modules with the same kernel version and will ignore other device info. So if it says its incompatible then its 99.9% the modules that it tried to load is incompatible.

Last edited:

randrew2

Jan 23, 2012
jakarta
glad to see droid vpn here..

anyways, i have a little question about tun.ko for galaxy y s 5360.. u said it has a preloaded tun.ko? but where can i find it?

i asked the same question on pinoyden and symbianna but there's no one answered, or i cant understand what are they talking, because im not from phil..

im waiting for ur answer sir ;)

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com

anyways, i have a little question about tun.ko for galaxy y s 5360.. u said it has a preloaded tun.ko? but where can i find it?

i asked the same question on pinoyden and symbianna but there's no one answered, or i cant understand what are they talking, because im not from phil..

It is already included in the kernel so you wont find it.

Reactions: hrbani

SilentF

Feb 19, 2011
Hello.
I have a strange problem: my phone in in this list droidvpn.com/tun-repository.php (Version 2.3.3, Model Lenovo A60 Kernel 2.6.35.7), but Tun.ko installer give me a message "downloaded module is incompatible" :( . Can i install it manually?

Reactions: hrbani

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
Hello.
I have a strange problem: my phone in in this list droidvpn.com/tun-repository.php (Version 2.3.3, Model Lenovo A60 Kernel 2.6.35.7), but Tun.ko installer give me a message "downloaded module is incompatible" :( . Can i install it manually?

Manually loading the module wouldn't help. Your build number should also match with the build number on the website. I bet yours don't match in our database.

SilentF

Feb 19, 2011
Manually loading the module wouldn't help. Your build number should also match with the build number on the website. I bet yours don't match in our database.
Well, yes... But right now i change firmware of my phone, now it match with the build number on the website ( 2.6.35.7 (A60_PH_ID_VN_S105_111117), screenshot attached) and still have a message "downloaded module is incompatible". I see downloaded module /sdcard/tun.ko, and i see a string inside "vermagic=2.6.35.7+ SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7". Of course it incompatible- right module must have "vermagic=2.6.35.7 preempt mod_unload ARMv6" in it :(
Could it be a some bad person, who share a fake module just for fun?

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 6,191
  • shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5,268
  • tun.zip
    83 KB · Views: 6,705
Last edited:

vmathieu

Dec 6, 2006
Same problem for me, with a streak7 honeycomb :

Model: Dell Streak 7
Build number: HTJ85B
Android version: 3.2
Kernel version: 2.6.36.3

"streak7 2.6.36.3 (HTJ85B)" is in Tun.ko Repository Database, but I have the message "Downloaded module is incompatible!" when I try to install tun.ko with TUN.ko installer

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
Can you try this to load the attach file on your phone. Those are the modules in our website. There are 2 copies of tun.ko in that zip file. Let me know if one of them works on your phone.

Attachments

• tun.ko.zip
    180.4 KB · Views: 3,799

vmathieu

Dec 6, 2006
How can I manually install tun.ko ?

I use it with AnyConnect VPN
when I launch anyconnect, this message appaers :
"this device does not meet minimum requirements tu run this software. a TUN/TAP driver could not be located.
Please ensure a TUN/TAP module is compiled with your kernel, or located in /data/local/kernel_modules/"

I try to create /data/local/kernel_modules/ and copy tun.ko in this directory, but I have the same message after.

I Use tun.ko installed automaticaly with "tun.ko installer" with AnyConnect on a nexus s, and all works fine. But, there is not directory /data/local/kernel_modules/ on this phone.

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
How can I manually install tun.ko ?

I use it with AnyConnect VPN
when I launch anyconnect, this message appaers :
"this device does not meet minimum requirements tu run this software. a TUN/TAP driver could not be located.
Please ensure a TUN/TAP module is compiled with your kernel, or located in /data/local/kernel_modules/"

I try to create /data/local/kernel_modules/ and copy tun.ko in this directory, but I have the same message after.

I Use tun.ko installed automaticaly with "tun.ko installer" with AnyConnect on a nexus s, and all works fine. But, there is not directory /data/local/kernel_modules/ on this phone.

You can load the module using a terminal.
1. Put the tun.ko that I posted in the root directory of your sdcard. You need to rename tun1.ko to tun.ko or tun2.ko to tun.ko

2. Open your terminal or if you have adb installed you can run "adb shell"

3. Type "insmod /sdcard/tun.ko" or change the path if you put tun.ko in different path

Other option
1. Put the tun.ko that I posted in the root directory of your sdcard. You need to rename tun1.ko to tun.ko or tun2.ko to tun.ko

2. Install Tun.ko installer and launch the app

3. After opening the app it should show the "TUN module is loaded" and you'll see the path of the tun.ko below.

If it says that "TUN module is not loaded" then the tun module is not working for your phone.

Note: When you run Tun.ko installer, It checks if /sdcard/tun.ko exists and if it does it will try to load that module. That's the time when it will show the "Tun module is loaded or is not loaded message"

Reactions: mrdamm

aevh

Jun 18, 2008
Rena 3, Haipad M9, Opad or Suli MY-7I TUN.KO

Guys after searching numerous fora I found the attached drivers on a russion forum, I didn't understand anything of the site but the tun.ko works flawless.

Thanks to the original Russian posters
h t t p:// 4pda.ru /forum/lofiversion/index.php?t242399-1800.html

Cheers

Oops forgot to say, kernel 2.6.29 for Renesas chipset.

Attachments

• Rena3_madwimax.tar.bz2
    35.6 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

vmathieu

Dec 6, 2006
I try in terminal mod (su) :
# insmod /sdcard/tun1.ko
insmod: init_module '/sdcard/tun1.ko' failed (Exec format error)

same error with tun2.ko

If I try "insmod /sdcard/toto", the error is : "can't open '/sdcard/toto'"

vmathieu

Dec 6, 2006
Same error with tun2.ko :

# insmod /sdcard/tun2.ko
insmod: init_module '/sdcard/tun2.ko' failed (Exec format error)

valerakon

Apr 21, 2009
Almaty
Hero H7300

Hello.

Model: China phone Hero H7300

version, model and Kernel version the same as is in Tun.ko Repository Database,
(2.3.5, Android, 10HX2P.H7300.111216.AD2_3_5_V3.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G)
but I have the message "Downloaded module is incompatible!" when I try to install tun.ko with TUN.ko installer.
Please help me install tun.ko on my device.

DroidVPN

Nov 20, 2011
Manila
droidvpn.com
Hello.

Model: China phone Hero H7300

version, model and Kernel version the same as is in Tun.ko Repository Database,
(2.3.5, Android, 10HX2P.H7300.111216.AD2_3_5_V3.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G)
but I have the message "Downloaded module is incompatible!" when I try to install tun.ko with TUN.ko installer.
Please help me install tun.ko on my device.

Can you please try again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: This app requires root access to install tun.ko

TUN.ko installer automates the installation of tun module that is required by VPNs like OpenVPN. You can also use this app to share your tun module for others to use. The files used by this application is updated by users submitting their own working tun modules.

We are just collecting these tun modules. We cannot guarantee that the modules will 100% work on your phone. Although files submitted are tested first and made sure that it loads properly on the device before it is added in our database.

This is not a request thread for tun modules. If its not in our database then you must have to wait until someone uploads the tun module for your phone.

If you are looking for a tun module for your phone kindly visit this page to check if your phone is in the list: http://droidvpn.com/tun-repository.php

Right now we are still building our tun modules database so it is possible that the app will not find the right tun module for your phone. For now lets share this app to other android users so that if they already have a tun module installed in their phone, they would be able to share it in our database.

Download in android market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aed.tun.installer

Using TUN.ko Installer
    1. Check if you still need a tun module for your phone. If it says "TUN module is loaded" it means that you already have a tun module installed and loaded. If it says "Tun module is not loaded" then goto step 2
    2. Click the install button to start checking if we have a working tun module for your device in our database.
    3. Wait for the installation to finish. If we do not have a tun module just try again later.

Note: You can select the properties that you only want to match with the properties of the tun module in our database. For example if you know that a tun module built for kernel 2.3.6 will work on your phone you can uncheck all the other properties of your phone and leave only the kernel.

Submitting your own tun.ko:

If you already have a tun module for your phone, you might want to share your tun module for others to use. Just follow the instructions below.

1. Make sure tun.ko is already loaded in your device.
    2. Click the Share my tun.ko button
    3. Wait for the upload to finish.

Screenshots

ycsC_hT0Fo5FL4IwoJMSxMrWd6MrEQmXybHjvuRF5gJCRQVD5AuEQdR_9JUtjbnam3I
    w7r__oOhL6ZLUCk5wq6S2YoNq-RC0dXH0dKpsZWcbQyFGtQ71QcrtBjmKFD8bOf0Bg
    Gt1mWj5T-JH66tc0aGO_0ylqYtuQw11Gfi5zTuP1bS5lI7QU6szFY8HRqUFL3m94Zz8
    Frequently asked questions

Q: Can you upload the tun.ko file here since the app says "Downloaded module is incompatible".
    A: If our app already says that it is incompatible then there is no point in manually loading the module since I am 99.9% it will not work either. We already had a lot of requests like this and none of them made it work.

If our app says its incompatible or it cannot find the right module then that's it because it will really not work. you just have to wait until a new module that will work for your phone will is uploaded.

FYI: Our database has multiple entries of tun.ko for a single phone and our app tries to load them all until it finds a module that actually works. It will even try to load the modules with the same kernel version and will ignore other device info. So if it says its incompatible then its 99.9% the modules that it tried to load is incompatible.

then what should i do on the vpn settings? uncheck "load tun.ko" ?

or left the tun.ko location blank?

thanks