4G - 3G Toggle for Verizon GN?

Search This thread

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I leave my phone on 4g all the time and get ~13 hours. I tried only 3g and my battery life was significantly less. IMO there isn't a built in switch for a reason.

That's where you're wrong, there is a built in switch in the settings, people are just looking for a widget. You're probably the only person who says they get better battery with 4G, honestly it doesn't even make sense. If I disable 4G and only use 3G (like I did yesterday because 4G was down) my battery was significantly better, it didn't hit the charger all day, on 4G I would've had to charge my phone at least once probably twice

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gaetawoo

Jul 27, 2010
or just use tasker to make an shortcut or widget that toggles it for you. it's simple. just make the task. and there are toggle tutorials on his site.

jasonhwang

Apr 3, 2011
i tried to install that (bamf) via recovery, and it was a success. however, there was no widget to be added, and i tried installing (again) via apk, but it didn't let me of course. how do i uninstall and try again?

lynseyw

Oct 23, 2007
San Diego
i tried to install that (bamf) via recovery, and it was a success. however, there was no widget to be added, and i tried installing (again) via apk, but it didn't let me of course. how do i uninstall and try again?

unzip the file and then just install the apk via root explorer or something like that. Worked for me. But now I just switched to CM9 Kang Rom and it is already built in. Cool rom.

TheDave1022

Nov 7, 2007
Just to let you guys know, if anyone wants to try the CM9 Kang, it has the LTE pull down widget and it seems to work. Switches network modes. Will try tomorrow when I'm in an LTE area.

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Just to let you guys know, if anyone wants to try the CM9 Kang, it has the LTE pull down widget and it seems to work. Switches network modes. Will try tomorrow when I'm in an LTE area.

Using Winner00's CM9 Kang, with integrated LTE pull down switch, and it works great. It's integrated into the Notification Power Widget...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry if this has been asked, but searching for the word "4G" fails for some reason.

I use the Extended Controls widget, but the 4G toggle setting isn't supported on the Nexus (or perhaps for Verizon?), so is there a widget out there that will work with the VZW Nexus?

Thanks!
    I found a 4g toggle bewteen SwitcherPro Widgets' toggles...
    I feel like switching between 4G and 3G that often would hurt your battery life (Keep having to find signal)
    I don't know of a working toggle as of yet. If you wanted, you can manually change the setting under Settings > Mobile Networks > Network mode and changing it to "CDMA" only