Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals1975 View Post
Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried this method? It seems logical that it would work (and be simpler than a TB restore) but it seems rather obvious that I have to think someone thought of this before but I didn't see it anywhere in the thread.
I am pretty sure that uninstalling it will NOT remove the applets from the secure element. The only way to remove them, according to lukegb, is to reset google wallet from within the app itself. OR by executing a broadcast intent over adb.

If you reset google wallet though, it will bring you back to the "initializing device" and then the signup page, so it may reinstall the applets at that point. I have the adb logcat output from resetting, so I will try to investigate.

I think the best wisdom now is:
  1. use titanium backup to backup google wallet
  2. then reset google wallet from within google wallet
  3. use titanium backup a second time (keep both backups)
  4. then uninstall it from your device
  5. then use the adb shell to send a broadcast intent to remove the applets:
    Code:
    Select Code
    am broadcast -a android.intent.action.MASTER_CLEAR_NOTIFICATION

This seems to ensure google wallet is completely removed from your device.

At this point, doing a restore with titanium backup may or may not be a good idea -- I honestly don't know. My gut says that you should just reinitialize without a restore in case there is something specific to the secure element that would cause it to think it was being tampered with. However, you may want to try the 2nd backup first and if that causes a problem, try the 1st backup. YMMV, I have no answers, just guesses right now.
Senior engineer and security researcher at zvelo, Inc.