Or Continue to Thread: [KERNEL][ARC/ARC S] StockPlus …
Find Your Device:
7th January 2012, 07:38 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 39,109

13,127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridaki

Doom, although it's not my place to say anything, I figured I'd go ahead and do it anyway.

I understand your frustration because I know how much work you put in your kernels and you are without a doubt one of the most active developers.
And I have to agree that you are the "leader" around here, in the sense that if you don't introduce new features for our phones, no one else does.

The only thing that I wanted to point out is that, in my view, you shouldn't be disappointed when people use your work, if of course they credit you properly,
which I feel is the case here. Adrianom compiled this kernel for his personal use and thought he'd share, which objectively is not such a bad thing.
It's certainly not something that should make you feel like giving up on the Arc altogether, as this would be very sad.

And maybe also consider the way you started compiling kernels using zdzihu's sources and ramdisk (legendary Power To The People )
and slowly learned and shifted to your own sources...
So maybe that will be the case for the people currently using your sources.

I am sure that at the end of the day, your work is truly appreciated the way it deserves to be.

Just my 2 cents.

Iris u have known me since X10 days... so thanks for ur post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianom

DooMLoRD,

I just wanted to say I wanted a cleaner kernel compared to Sony, that's all. I did not want at all say that something is wrong with your kernel.

Here I think you're wrong, I did not say anything was wrong with your kernel, on the contrary, said even that was based on his and the FXP kernel, and I believe that I don't have to ask permission to use an Open Source code, you ask Sony? Google? Linus? I think not.

I don't want new features, that is the point....

I am searching... on my own, or do you think that a developer community should consist of only one person developing and the others sending it logs?

I think you misunderstand my post, I just wanted to provide something that I'm using.

This is the principle of an open source system, people can move the way they want it. And that's what I'm doing.

Just wanted to help someone who wants the same as me.

By.

very interesting point of view...

this is not the first time such a thing is happening and may be i am a bit edgy today... anyways...

FYI, kindly read
Quote:

12. Using the work of others.

REF: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=965

regards,

DooMLoRD
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]