Or Continue to Thread: [MOD] Video Bitrate Control (2…
Find Your Device:
8th January 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamdev12

Thanks for the MOD. Since I like modding as well, I've put this into Axi0m2.3 and saved as a personal Clockwork image. Only thing that I notice is that since my sdcard file system is fat32, I can only capture about 5 minutes worth of video. I'll have to check out the difference as well and either format my sdcard ext4 or disable the mod.

Thanks again for the tweaks.

Awesome. I have edited the OP to include a youtube link to a demo video I just shot, make sure to check it for me (I can't play HD videos on this computer, I'm curious how it looks on youtube).

That is the only problem, the higher bitrate will cause all videos to be quite a bit larger. The video I just uploaded to youtube was 262mb.

Another note on fat32: a limit of the FAT filesystem is that it has a file size limit of 4gb, so that could be an issue we run into (people trying to record longer videos).

Also this mod could be problematic for phones other than the Galaxy Nexus which use an internal SD card. Read/Write speed for the card limits bitrate a lot. Luckily the g nexus has internal memory though which is very fast, so it shouldn't be an issue for us.