Or Continue to Thread: 3200mAh Li_poly Extended Batte…
Find Your Device:
13th January 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delta Quadrant
Thanks Meter: 41

150 posts
More
I have the 3200mAh Li_poly Extended Battery for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
I've had it for about 7 months or so and it's awesomeness.
On my x10a 2.3.3gb 0.3gb Xrecovery

-----Do Not Charge new Battery first just use it normally right out of the box.----
--------------------Read how to recharge to 100% 4211mV below-----------------------------------------

My Battery Stats Li-poly 3200mAh 4211mV 91.4/33.0c at 100%.
Temp does not change until it's below 10ish% Battery but I have never seen it above 93F an only when I'm gaming at 10% Battery. My old Battery would get up to 104f at 100% Battery on some game/video play
No heat problems it stays at 91.4 even when I play some cpu/power hungry games.
Everything is on all the time cpu at preformance/3gH+/wifi/gps/sync/weather widgets/live wallpaper/auto display.
( My best time 2ds.15hrs.27ms that was down to 2% battery).
But the norm it about 2 days ish that is while playing.
Games
Music/videos
News/videos
sms mms/pics
Calls
Surfing/web/app Markets

You know just the usual stuff.
I can even watch 2 Netflix movies on 3gh+ an only use 30ish% of the battery with everything on.

------------------Don't use any battery apps to Calibrate.---------------------------------
( I've tryed them all, they just screw things up and they will not charge to 4211mV)
just use the phone until it's down to 1% then recharge it to 100%. It takes about 4.5 to 5 hours.
( you can let the phone turn it self off if you want but is not necessary.)

If you notice that it doesn't last as long as it did, then do this.

---------Try apps below to check charge and voltage--
The only reason you have to do this is because your phone has a battery test minimum of 70% that's why you get readings like 65 to 93% after recharging this way.
To get it to 4211mV again try (the way) below.

(Not Necessary Way but if it makes you feel better)
Charge your phone to 100%.
1a.(In Xrecovery, go to Advanced options/Wipe Battery Stats.
2a.Take the battery out. ( wait 2 or 3 seconds)
3a.Plug in charger to phone.
4a.With charger plugged in to phone ( and phone Off ) Put the Battery back in.
Then use this below from then on.

(The Way)
1.Charge your phone to 100%.
2.Unplug charger.
3.Turn off the phone.
4.Take the battery out. ( wait 2 or 3 seconds )
5.Plug in charger to phone.
6.With charger plugged in to phone ( and phone Off ) Put the Battery back in.
7.Phone will boot up in Charge mode With only the battery animation.
8.When that battery animation goes out you can power up the phone.
9.Once the phone boots up, you will notice that the battery percentage is around 65 to 93% instead of 100%.
10. Charge the phone back up to 100%. (in doesn't take very long to 100%)
(03/12/12 Update) I don't seem to have to do this below anymore) It will charge to 100%/4211mV in about 4.5ish hours.
11. You can repeat this until it's at 100% as many times as you need.
(I only have to do it once to get it to 100% 4211mV)
I have had this Battery for about 7 months and I only have to do this maybe once a month if that.

I've used both these apps for more then a year and a half an they both are small an have worked great. And their alot better then the stock "idiot light" like you get in a cheap car. lol

They both do a'heck allot more then just check battery stats.
OS Monitor by eolwral for free: this is an awesome app for free I'd pay 2 or 3 bucks for it an you'll see what I mean if you try it to.
https://market.android.com/details?i...wral.osmonitor

SystemPanel App / Task Manager by NextApp, Inc. there's one for free but I use the paid versions which help support the Developers and more options:
https://market.android.com/details?i...FuZWwucjEiXQ..

If you turn them on at boot their in the notification pull down and status bar real nice.

I got my Battery from Ebay for like 12$usa delivered from Hong Kong in 9-days
From soowhoob2010

"FYI"
You can use a small light tooth file to clean the two openings because they are real small, They are on the left side, That is on all the covers.
It doubled the sound on my stock cover so I did it on the new one an glued some speaker cloth on the in side to keep it clean. Works an looks great.
To use your old battery with the new back plate just find a spacer pretty much anything will work of the same size as new battery.
Last edited by Patricks_book; 13th March 2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: App update links
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patricks_book For This Useful Post: [ View ]