Or Continue to Thread: [GUIDE] mr72's CM 7.10 (or 7.2…
Find Your Device:
14th January 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 122

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh

Great!
It's very detail but some miss

Thanks, I updated it. Maybe didn't catch everything.

Quote:

Also, flashing CwM into eMMC very convenience, yes, but it is a pain if you want to go back to stock ROM.

IMHO, if you have reservations and think you might want to go back to the stock ROM, then my instructions above are not for you.

Quote:

Your note in step 15, I personally do not believe it is 100% true. In my case, without an external uSD card plugged in, Aldiko Reader won't work. And yes, my system set up is like what you said.

I have not tried Aldiko but I have probably 100 other apps and none of them require the SD to be installed. IIRC Aldiko does require you to tell it where the library is located; maybe this is the problem? I don't remember.

I switched to Moon+ Reader for my books, which I wholeheartedly recommend over Aldiko. I found Aldiko was crashing and causing my whole NC to crash/spontaneously reboot, etc., when you leave it running in the background for a long time. I think Aldiko likely has a memory leak.

While I am talking about app recommendations, I also suggested Go Launcher EX, which I really like. It feels faster and is more configurable in ways that improve responsiveness for my tastes compared to ADW. I have some theme preferences that I could share, which I think are optimal for the NC given the screen size, but I have found that most other people I know who are over 30 tend to think my settings for screen sizes of icons and controls are too small, so I didn't bother. Normal Tablet Tweaks and the default CM7 setup may be ok for you. I do prefer Dolphin HD browser over the stock browser, and I also tried Maxthon, Firefox Mobile, and Opera Mobile as well as Opera Mini. I like features of all of them, but on balance Dolphin HD is the winner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]