Thanks Meter: 0

201 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys

UPDATE (04/19/2008):

1. Unfortunately, it seems none of the Jbed 3.1 versions are able to run Opera Mini 4.1 beta on touchscreen-less MS Smartphones (but NOT on Pocket PC's!!!) if you switch to other apps (for example, the home screen) and, then, back, you will no longer be able to control Opera Mini. I've tested this on my WM5 s310 / Oxygen (major problems) and, with HTC's recently-released ROM upgrade, upgraded WM6 s710 / Vox (not that frequent problems but still annoying). At XDA-Devs, other people have also reported the same problem with their Smartphones.

Note that touchscreen-equipped Pocket PC's do NOT suffer from this problem!

This is not something specific to just Opera Mini as the gmail applet has the same issue. So I'm guessing it's a JVM issue and not a midlet issue.

One thing you may want to investigate is Jbed's background running option. If I run jbed, turn on background running, then launch opera mini, the problem seems to not occur with my limited testing. Since I prefer to directly launch opera mini, it would also be nice to have a way to enable background running by default.

If enabling background running really fixes the issue, then I guess it's a bug with jbed 3.1 restoring itself from its own suspend mode.

Another trick when using Opera Mini when you encounter this issue: if you have Direct Address Input disabled, press #1 to open the Enter Address window. Then cancel out and the Opera Mini screen should be responsive again.