Quote:
Originally Posted by daners85glacier View Post
Hey guys,
I am not new to XDA or HTC devices, just this phone. I recently came from the HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) on T-Mobile and got the incredible 2.

I would like to know a little about the Engineering bootloader on this device and if it allows the sim lock to be removed. On my other htc phone, the engineering bootloader allowed this, giving access to any carrier sim card.

The incredible 2 is a global phone and allows access to T-Mobile's 3g network if the sim is unlocked. What do you guys know about this, if I root, enable s=off, flash engineering bootloader and custom recovery, then flash a custom rom and enter the APN for T-Mobile, am I good to go, or is there some more complex thing I am missing?

Any advice would be much appreciated
From my limited understanding, it is possible to unlock the SIM with s-off and rooted, but you need to run a sense-based rom; SkyRaider Zeus is one. You then need the SIM unlock code which people report they get for free by calling Verizon or online anywhere from $7 on up.

And my limited understanding is the result of reading/searching this and other fora the past couple days.