Default Ghost Armor Review

I have an LG Nitro HD which has 329 ppi, just a little more dense than iPhone 4. It is absolutely stunning in sharpness and color rendition as well as brightness. The screen is already scratch-proof (it's made of Gorilla Glass). I tried scratching the glass with my razor sharp Swiss Army knife, it doesn't scratch. Believe me, I tested just the corner (beyond the borders of the display) and thought long and hard before attempting to scratch it.

So I got Ghost Armor for the screens of my wife's and my phones just for the oleophobic qualities (repels skin oils so doesn't look very smudgy after use). Many reviewers claim that there is no orange peel effect whatsoever. That claim is FALSE. It has a slight orange peel finish. The claim that it doesn't scratch is also false, it is in actuality scratch-resistant. I scratched it by moving the aforementioned pocket knife from side to side (perpendicular to the blade) as though shaving it. Since it is removable, this is not a problem whatsoever in my opinion. You can easily see the texture of the film on a dark screen. Also there are tiny imperfections in the surface (like pits), but they don't seem to affect the image quality of my screen, so I can't imagine a lower pixel density screen being affected. It does a great job of repelling fingerprints, but is not completely smudge-free. However it's easy to wipe with my shirt, which quickly removes the smudges.

The film doesn't have any sort of rubbery grip, at least not to objectionable proportions. Neither is it slippery as are some of the hard plastic screen protectors. I like the way it feels, and it is very thin.

We just had the screens done, there's no product for the back of our phones because it's textured. We declined to get the product for the sides and front. There's an approximately a two millimeter border around the Ghost Armor where the film doesn't reach the edge of the glass. There are voids to accommodate the front camera and sensors adjacent to it. None of those factors are objectionable. The product looks fine notwithstanding the imperfections mentioned in paragraphs above and below.

THE PROBLEM: After the first application on both of our phones there were very tiny bubbles under the film. They are numerous and look somewhat like streaks that result on glass after wiping with dilute soap. So we had it reapplied (which was done free of charge under warranty). The only hassle was having to wait for the order to come in then return to the mall cart where Ghost Armor's very polite salespeople are. Our phone model is so new and possibly not that popular tha the don't stock the product for our phones. We have the same effect (though not identical position of the "streaks") with the new application.

I am not sure whether to request a refund or give them another shot. They really do stand behind the product, but it simply doesn't meet my expectations. They get two stars because they stand behind their product, and because their salespeople are very polite and forthright.