[Q] Opera Mobile layout and LCD Density

Search This thread

IcyAirs

Mar 27, 2011
Does anyone know where Opera is pulling LCD Density to determine layout, or some way to force Opera into the Tablet layout?

So I've changed the ro.sf.lcd_density value in build.prop to 240, and everything looks reasonably fine except for Opera Mobile (and the stock Samsung dialer/Smemo, and Thumb Keyboard, but I know the issues there or can live with it). I've also disabled Compatibility Mode via Spare Parts, and that doesn't seem to have helped.

Now, I also know that if I use this to change lcd density to 240 https://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity&hl=en , it changes Opera's layout to the Tablet one which I much prefer (with the navigation bar on top).

How is that program changing LCD Density to get Opera to conform? I would like a solution that persists on boot, but I'm not sure any of these other LCD Density programs would work, seeing as how most of them just set the build.prop, which I already know how to do.

Reactions: buianh.tuan

mishik

Jun 6, 2009
Does anyone know where Opera is pulling LCD Density to
determine layout, or some way to force Opera into the Tablet layout?
So I've changed the ro.sf.lcd_density value in build.prop to 240, and everything looks reasonably fine except for Opera Mobile (and the stock Samsung dialer/Smemo, and Thumb Keyboard, but I know the issues there or can live with it). I've also disabled Compatibility Mode via Spare Parts, and that doesn't seem to have helped.

Now, I also know that if I use this to change lcd density to 240 https://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity&hl=en , it changes Opera's layout to the Tablet one which I much prefer (with the navigation bar on top).

How is that program changing LCD Density to get Opera to conform? I would like a solution that persists on boot, but I'm not sure any of these other LCD Density programs would work, seeing as how most of them just set the build.prop, which I already know how to do.
Lcd resolution from the market does the job. Density change sticks after reset. Opera is in tablet layout.

Caillin

Dec 20, 2006
Townsville
On a related note, is it possible to have it the other way round? I want to run with 240 density, but the tablet layout in Opera mobile is just too hard to use at 240.

IcyAirs

Mar 27, 2011
On a related note, is it possible to have it the other way round? I want to run with 240 density, but the tablet layout in Opera mobile is just too hard to use at 240.

Well, if you want it that way, then just edit build.prop's value without doing anything else and it should be phone layout Opera with 240 everything else. That's what I have without using another program, at least.

claude4

Apr 29, 2006
Port Washington, NY
A little off topic but may I ask if Opera quits if you open it in portrait mode then switch to landscape? That happens to me every time.

Sorry for the off topic question.

Thanks,

Claude H.

Sm!th

Jan 6, 2012
Well, if you want it that way, then just edit build.prop's value without doing anything else and it should be phone layout Opera with 240 everything else. That's what I have without using another program, at least.

I want Opera Mobile to be in phone mode on my Galaxy Tab 2 7in. But, where in the world is the build.prop setting?

Having everything on one bar at the top is so crammed up in tablet mode. It looks so nice on my phone with the nav bar separate and at the bottom.

B

baz77

A little off topic but may I ask if Opera quits if you open it in portrait mode then switch to landscape? That happens to me every time.

Sorry for the off topic question.

Thanks,

Claude H.

try in settings then apps to delete data/cache, uninstall and reinstal

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Sm!th

Jan 6, 2012

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
dont know what controls Opera density but

ro.sf.lcd_density=320
ro.sf.lcd_density=320
controls the phone density

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know where Opera is pulling LCD Density to determine layout, or some way to force Opera into the Tablet layout?

build.prop file is in the system folder.