Originally Posted by chp
First off, thanks to humberos and The TE4M!
I'm just an end-user, but I thought I'd summarize things for those of you joining in late.
0. If you're coming from a stock ROM, load the Overcome 7 Series, as that will prepare your SGT quite nicely:
1. Download Build 1 (January 20, 2012) from humberos, plus the correct kernel:
2. Download phone.apk
and the gapps
package linked to in post #558:
3. Put all downloaded files on the "internal SD"
4. Boot into Recovery
5. Flash Build 1
6. Flash the kernel
7. Flash the gapps package
9. Using your favorite file explorer (I like ES File Explorer), put phone.apk
10. Using your favorite root file editor (again, you can use ES File Explorer), edit /system/build.prop
and remove these two lines:
You should now have a working SGT running Android 4.0.3.
- Wi-Fi performance is slow
- SD storage is not consistent. For best results for now, make sure you have an external microSD also installed.
- GPS/location may be slow
- Screen rotation is sometimes slow/inconsistent
- Multitasking thumbnails are in the wrong orientation
- Automatic brightness isn't working
- Capacitive button backlight stays on while screen is on, and on notifications
- Reboot to Recovery option on power off menu non-functional (use installed Root Booter app instead)
- Some apps will request permission to your account; keep an eye on the notification area and grant permission then re-try the apps
- Google Talk FCs
- Automatic time zone not working (Settings>Date & time)
- No Google accounts available in Calendar? You probably forgot to flash the updated gapps.zip
- Phone or Settings>Mobile networks FCs? Check that you put phone.apk into /system/apps and that you edited build.prop
- Unable to download files in the browser or from Gmail, or missing images in apps? Make sure you have an external microSD installed
- Google TTS errors in Google Navigation? Go to Settings>Language & input>Text-to-speech output and select Pico TTS
- YouTube videos not playing? Probably due to the slow Wi-Fi; toggle HD to watch the non-HD version or watch over 3G
@adi6262 s just follow this post
Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk