Originally Posted by chp
First off, thanks to humberos and The TE4M!
I'm just an end-user, but I thought I'd summarize things for those of you joining in late.
0. If you're coming from a stock ROM, load the Overcome 7 Series, as that will prepare your SGT quite nicely:
1. Download Build 1 (January 20, 2012) from humberos, plus the correct kernel:
2. Download phone.apk and the gapps package linked to in post #558:
3. Put all downloaded files on the "internal SD"
4. Boot into Recovery
5. Flash Build 1
6. Flash the kernel
7. Flash the gapps package
9. Using your favorite file explorer (I like ES File Explorer), put phone.apk in /system/apps
10. Using your favorite root file editor (again, you can use ES File Explorer), edit /system/build.prop and remove these two lines:
You should now have a working SGT running Android 4.0.3.
- Wi-Fi performance is slow
- SD storage is not consistent. For best results for now, make sure you have an external microSD also installed.
- GPS/location may be slow
- Screen rotation is sometimes slow/inconsistent
- Multitasking thumbnails are in the wrong orientation
- Automatic brightness isn't working
- Capacitive button backlight stays on while screen is on, and on notifications
- Reboot to Recovery option on power off menu non-functional (use installed Root Booter app instead)
- Some apps will request permission to your account; keep an eye on the notification area and grant permission then re-try the apps
- Google Talk FCs
- Automatic time zone not working (Settings>Date & time)
- No Google accounts available in Calendar? You probably forgot to flash the updated gapps.zip
- Phone or Settings>Mobile networks FCs? Check that you put phone.apk into /system/apps and that you edited build.prop
- Unable to download files in the browser or from Gmail, or missing images in apps? Make sure you have an external microSD installed
- Google TTS errors in Google Navigation? Go to Settings>Language & input>Text-to-speech output and select Pico TTS
- YouTube videos not playing? Probably due to the slow Wi-Fi; toggle HD to watch the non-HD version or watch over 3G
@adi6262 s just follow this post
Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk