This is a image, and flasher for windows designed to make it so that anyone can flash make a magic SD card to load up CWM, and root their device. THIS IS A UNIVERSAL ROOT, AND CAN BE DONE ON ANY FIRMWARE.
There are way to many rooting methods out there for this device, and with so many rooting methods, it is very hard to help trouble shoot a device, and make it so that rooting is available to everyone. Also with the 1.4.1 breaking normal root, it is very hard to teach people how to flash back to the previous 1.4.0, without stepping them through it, and then they have to beat the gun, and root and block OTA's. Also there is a lot of "geometry" involved in making a bootable SD.
What is it?:
There are two things in this package, the first is a flasher, and an image. These can be used to flash an SD card from windows with CWM, as a bootable SD. The second package is a CWM flashable zip that will add su, superuser, gapps, and the side loading package to your Nook.
What do I need?:
You will need:
- SD Card >2GB (all information will be lost, so back it up)
- Nook Tablet (any Firmware)
- Download the packages listed in the download folder, and extract them to your desktop.
- extract ALL the files from the single zip.
NOTE: Do not extract the .zip with superuser and su.
- Open the image flasher .exe, and browse for the .img that you extracted from the same zip
- Put your SD Card into your nook or reader, and select the drive letter from the drop down on the right.
- Press write, and wait
- Once it has completed open the SD Card from the Windows browser and place the .zip in the root of the SD card.
- Turn your Nook off.
- Turn your Nook on while holding both the N+Power button. Your device will turn on, and then turn off after holding it.
NOTE: Do not let go of either button until your device has powered on and off again.
- Put the SD Card into your nook.
NOTE: If it is already in there eject it and then put it back in.
- Power your Nook on normally.
- You will see a picture of N on the screen followed by a box with a white background followed by CWM booting up.
- Select flash update.zip.
- Select Select from SD card.
- Select your .zip
- Reboot device
NOTE: Remove the SD card after your device reboots as if you don't it will continue to boot from the SD card.