Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubblefield View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. So far I have done 4 bionics, thunderbolt and a revolution. talk and text working fine. but none will do data (no web or mms). I cannot seem to get that arn 3g icon to pop up at all.

question. IS A 4GLTE SIM CARD NEEDED? If so activated, not activated? Should not matter if phone is only running 3g. But I am going insane over here trying to get data/mms....

Lastly I cannot get the vzw password to stick anywhere I put it... I guess that would have a lot to do with it and eerything else sticks..

Seems that just turning off cdma/lte in the device settings would make the phone do 3g.

man verizon should have made these phones truly 3g/4g optional...

we have to get this going guys seriously 4g is the next step that they are forcing down our throats...

any help will be appreciated and PAID if you can show me how its done completely...!!
you have to drop the "open sesame door" hack into the file system of the 9k modem then reboot the phone via adb shell, then log back into the modem/radio with qpst service programming, highlight the right modem should be two of them you want the one that says MDM9600, read then go to the m .ip and ppp config and write the nams, this will give you 1x. If you can find someone that will write in the nams with ws 3.7 or above then use this as a reference..

ppp user: phonenumber@vzw3g.com
ppp pass: 2618560F9EAC7232341CC4 - MAKE SURE you write in Hex

theres a tab you can switch on ws 3.7 above from H/S Hex/text

NA:918F5CFC5097AD0C3EB9064505C86572
AAA:3466A134861121F7B96C03D8352F66EB - and with both of these need to be written in text in the M .ip profiles.

After you get the modem edited then reboot via adb shell and when you reboot you should have 3g.. this will only work for pageplus if your flashing to cricket you can do the same thing if you have the correct na and aaa. and ppp pass...

enjoy !!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

My method you have to run a R UIM card in it or 3g will not work, what i do is the least amount of editing on the phone is possible, after i get all the settings on then i add the phone to pages data base.. only doing this if the programming is correct or you will have to swap esns againg until you get the programming right. Then once this is accomplished your 3g will be up and working along with all the apps, including MMs.. I have ran into problems with phones that have bad esns, the mms takes a little more to figure out like apns settings and some nv items depending on how many times the phones been programmed the best phone for this flash is one that has a good esn and never programmed to anything but verizon..