[ROM][MOD] WajkIUI 2.4.20 - MULTiLanguage

Search This thread

iCraft

Nov 8, 2011
I love the battery life on this, replaced the kernel with the Trinity fun edition 1.56gz.

Also love the ics theme miui has

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

capncybo

Jun 18, 2008
Sleep Of Death G2X

Is there anyway to prevent the screen of death it is it just a g2x thing? Cause its became very annoying, today it did that about 5 times

HOTLANTA, even though its cold ;-)

I haven't experienced the screen of death on my G2X in quite a while.
My Current up-time is over 75:03:12 (More than 3 days & holding)

Last SOD that I experienced was (probably) caused by having to LOW of a minimum cpu speed... Keep it ABOVE 300MHz.
Anything slower tends too permit the phone to enter a deep sleep of which it can not recover... resulting in a battery pull-reboot.

Oh I also limit my maximum cpu speed to less than stock.
My SetCPU settings are:
-Max: 816000
-Min: 389000

I am using this very ROM with the (faux123-v0.4.7-ds kernel) on a G2X so it should be possible.
Good Luck.

LostInTheMuzik

Jan 25, 2012
Atlanta
I haven't experienced the screen of death on my G2X in quite a while.
My Current up-time is over 75:03:12 (More than 3 days & holding)

Last SOD that I experienced was (probably) caused by having to LOW of a minimum cpu speed... Keep it ABOVE 300MHz.
Anything slower tends too permit the phone to enter a deep sleep of which it can not recover... resulting in a battery pull-reboot.

Oh I also limit my maximum cpu speed to less than stock.
My SetCPU settings are:
-Max: 816000
-Min: 389000

I am using this very ROM with the (faux123-v0.4.7-ds kernel) on a G2X so it should be possible.
Good Luck.

Thanks, I'll try that

capncybo

Jun 18, 2008
So is this rom dead or what?

actually I was wondering the same thing myself, there seems to be more recent activity under the nycelitemaster MIUI version lately. But with megaupload being f'd even that's hard to download lately. Thank God sopa failed for now or we'd see more of this bull****.

Last edited:

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
is 'skip track via volume button long press' working for anybody?

mine seems to be not working, appreciate any input :)

awesome rom!

capncybo

Jun 18, 2008
is 'skip track via volume button long press' working for anybody?

mine seems to be not working, appreciate any input :)

awesome rom!

It works, but this feature is only designed to be used when your screen is off.
Start playing a set of songs & either wait or turn off your screen with the power button.
Then hold either volume up or down to jump forward or backwards in your play list.

Last edited:

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
It works, but this feature is only designed to be used when your screen is off.
Start playing a set of songs & either wait or turn off your screen with the power button.
Then hold either volume up or down to jump forward or backwards in your play list.

thkq for your response.

just tried your suggestion, to no avail; are you using this rom too?

was using richie's miui rom yesterday, and the same feature worked.

:)

potatohead

Feb 15, 2006
This ROM yes, but I changed kernel to faux123v0.4.7-ds for better battery life.

didnt want to change kernel as didnt have good experience with faux's kernel (my bad definitely as am not good with tweaking).

for those who want track skipping via volume button but do not want to change kernel, you can try flashing the mod via cwr, the zip file can be downloaded from the author's link below:

http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7356-MOD-Skip-track-via-volume-press

for those who get status 0 error while flashing the above mentioned mod, you can manually copy the android.policy.jar file attached to /system/framework/ using root explorer or similar file manager, then reboot to cwr (pull battery if reboot hanged) and fix permission (under advanced).

i managed to get track skipping to work using the above method on this WajkIUI 2.1.13 rom :)

Attachments

• android.policy.jar
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

LostInTheMuzik

Jan 25, 2012
Atlanta
Even though this rom seems not to get alot of updates its the most stable miui build cause I've tried others and this one is the best the only problem I have is I'm still getting the screen of death randomly but I rather deal with that than all the other issues plus that I've tried flashing faux kernel and I tried the screen awake toggle but the SOD is still happening so I'm guessing its a g2x thing cause it happened to me even on eaglesblood

Reactions: Kianopass

ghammond100

Dec 30, 2007
Even though this rom seems not to get alot of updates its the most stable miui build cause I've tried others and this one is the best the only problem I have is I'm still getting the screen of death randomly but I rather deal with that than all the other issues plus that I've tried flashing faux kernel and I tried the screen awake toggle but the SOD is still happening so I'm guessing its a g2x thing cause it happened to me even on eaglesblood

I stopped getting the SOD when I switched to the faux stock voltage kernel. After 4-5 days wifi calling stops working. I clear the cache and it's back.

On another note, is there a toggle or setting somewhere to turn off the lockscreen when using a password?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Reactions: potatohead

LostInTheMuzik

Jan 25, 2012
Atlanta
I stopped getting the SOD when I switched to the faux stock voltage kernel. After 4-5 days wifi calling stops working. I clear the cache and it's back.

On another note, is there a toggle or setting somewhere to turn off the lockscreen when using a password?

Naw, I haven't seen any but cm7 has that option and I guess I'll try that faux voltage kernel there's so many different versions of kernels cause I never heard that particular one before

Update: flashed the cm-sv-faux kernel. 48 and I have outstanding battery life and its better than Trinity....I haven't had the s.o.d problem yet *crosses fingers*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    446101-20120120-UCsFxS.png

WajkIUI™ based on MiuiAndroid & CyanogenMod 7
    thnx for the developers
    Developing on Optimus 2x, porting to the T-Mobile G2x
    Thnx instructions for Whitehawkx and nycelitemaster

ar.png
    pt-BR.png
    zh-CN.png
    cs.png
    da.png
    nl.png
    en-GB.png
    fr.png
    de.png
    el.png
    he.png
    hu.png

it.png
    ko.png
    fa.png
    pl.png
    pt-PT.png
    ru.png
    sk.png
    sl.png
    es-ES.png
    th.png
    tr.png
    vi.png

Multilanguage support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About ROM:
    • - based on MiuiAndroid 2.4.20
    • - BiG thnx to nycelitemaster
    • - base language set to english (chinesse characters removed)
    • - all app recompiled and optimized with my tweaks and language files
    • - improved 3D performance
    • - added CM7 modules & some driver (check changelog)
    • - added some CM7 app (DSP Manager, SpareParts...etc.)
    • - improved camera quality
    • - added multilanguage support (24 languages)
      (arabic - brazilian - czech - danish - dutch - english - french - german - greek - hebrew - hungarian - italian - korean - persian - polish - portugese - russian - slovak - slovenian - spanish - thai - turkish - vietnamese)
    • - added multilanguage T9 dialer
    • - added 4-Way Reboot mod
    • - added Skip track via volume press mod
    • - updated Calculator
    • - updated keyboard, support more languages
    • - removed some MIUI apps
    • - optimized battery usage
    • - optimized memory settings
    • - removed unneeded files
    • - faster proximity sensor
    • - faster phone calling
    • - updated Google apps
    • - tweaks for speed
    • - more improvement coming soon

I working on:
    - optimize and implement new tweaks for speed and stability
    - import new CM7 drivers to MIUI
    - import some parts from ICS

Download

If you have question or problem, pls check first our F.A.Q. post!​

Installation GUIDE:
    1. Select Recovery/Stable Recovery. Choose "Wipe Data/Cache" option. Let finish.
    --if you arrive from MIUI or from pervius version of WiUi just go from here--
    2. Choose Install zip from SD Card, select WajkIUI_multilang .zip and let it finish.
    3. select "Wipe Cache" then go to Advanced and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Reboot Now!
    4. After boot, set your prefered language in Settings menu
    5. Done! Recommend: use Battery Calibration for maximum battery

Tips&Tricks:
    Check our F.A.Q. post!

My favourites
    Programs/addons
    :cool:
    MIUI Lockscreen themes
    MIUI themes
    Change stock font with Theme Manager
    Swype on WIUI

Thnx to:
    nycelitemaster for help
    morfic for kernel
    miui.com for MIUI ROM
    miuiandroid for ROM&translating
    Higgsy for his tips/tweaks
    owain94 for his tips/tweaks
    zeppelinrox for his tweaks
    Juwe11 for his tweaks
    xavierjohn22 for cool apps
    Andy Thomson for volume button tweak
    XJ, dRaCID01, Mish, Accid, roenano, langthang, omosiro, IoDa, pdazevedo, Xenon007, student926, mnlk2, 1982strand, slukk, gepardus, stefi for translating
    Miui.cz for czech and slovak language files
    Miui Germany for german language files
    Finn for greek language files
    zaherb and miuiarabic for arabic language files
    Xda for more android tweaks

---------------------------------
    :) If you like what I do, use Thanks button and/or consider a small donation.

---------------------------------
    ROM from Hungary
    flag.jpg
    Rom feels much faster then other miui roms I have tried about 4 total. Gonna stay on this and see how battery is tomorrow 3 hour commute ha. Lots of music and texting will be done.

thnx for good news ;)
    I have one too for you...

Preview from new version, thnx for miui
    1. Support of sending text messages at a set time (feature from 4.0)
    2. Support of drop-down notification bar in full-screen mode (feature from 4.0)
    3. Support of clearing data in contact setting

More info coming on Friday.
    answer

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate ur work but I just want to know what separates this rom from the other miui roms?

Thnx for your question.

First: I saw, G2x has got many MIUI port i don't think about i port my ROM to it.
    But some user simple copy my ROM and port to G2x, i wasn't happy for that.
    Whitehawkx made very good guide for porting, i think i will do that.

What different between other MIUI port than me?
    - Pls check About ROM section in first post
    - i don't simple COPY apps from MIUI releases, all app in my ROM recompiled and optimized (for faster loading, and better responsive) with my tweaks and language files
    - i got permissions for some exlusive language files, example MIUI.cz
    - i working on better Camera, i don't just copy app from CM7, i imported driver too, and i increased guality
    - MIUI use little bit old build from CM7, i working importing drivers from CM7.2
    - i always search on XDA for new tweaks, and if working good on my and other test device i will implement it and i will optimize it for 2x

Better than other MIUI port? I don't think so, but answer very easy.
    Just try it, and you will see it, use version what best for you. ;)

Naw, I haven't seen any but cm7 has that option and I guess I'll try that faux voltage kernel there's so many different versions of kernels cause I never heard that particular one before

Update: flashed the cm-sv-faux kernel. 48 and I have outstanding battery life and its better than Trinity....I haven't had the s.o.d problem yet *crosses fingers*
    miui

Thank you for you work!