Thanks Meter 272
Join Date: Jan 2005
EDIT: It seems that yannn007 has an easier way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=95
I tried it, and it didn't work for me, unfortunately.
Since I promised to add to the wiki, let this be the first. I learnt this trick from a ROM by birdyi, so I credit him; however, I have seen it in ROMs that existed before his did.
How to make the volume rocker wake up the phone with the stock locker
- Obtain /system/framework/android.policy.jar from your phone
- Decompile said file using apktool
- Open android.policy.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/KeyguardViewMediator.smali (note, if you chose to extract to a different folder, then replace "android.policy.jar.out" with the name of your chosen folder)
- Find the line ".method private isWakeKeyWhenKeyguardShowing(I)Z"
- In this function, look for:
- Underneath that, you'll see the following:
0x18 -> :sswitch_0
0x19 -> :sswitch_0
- Remove the 0x18 and 0x19 lines, save and use apktool to rebuild the android.policy.jar file. Place it back onto your device and restart.
iPad 4 (jailbroken)
New NFCLockScreenEnabler with fixes and big improvements by madfish and Mohammad: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=1