Or Continue to Thread: Opened my Prime! - GPS, WIFI D…
Find Your Device:
6th February 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #604  
Thanks Meter: 15

32 posts
Hi all,

i've another method of fixing this wifi/gps issue without any soldering work. Basically i slotted in a small thin piece of plastic under the wifi/gps PCB (where the gold plate is) to get a better connection with the pogo pins. However, this can cause the PCB to be slightly bent and im not sure if there are any long term ill effects.

After this i'm getting better WIFI signal than my HTC Desire and managed to lock on to 9 GPS satellites (previously ZERO) in a semi open place.
The increase in signal is also the same as when i attach a wire to the pogo pin. WIFI performance at long range is still sucky but this definitely helped with the GPS signal.

DISCLAIMER : THIS WILL NOT MAKE THE WIFI/GPS SIGNAL ANY BETTER THAN ITS ORIGINAL ****TY DESIGN! It only works for those with ultra-**** wifi/gps signal stemming from pogo pins not touching the antenna PCB at all.

Insert plastic tab as shown in red circle..i pushed it all the way in until the white piece of plastic cannot be seen. Did it for all three gold plate connectors (WIFI MAIN, AUX and GPS)

Transformer Prime slightly open (pogo pins not connected)

Transformer Prime closed and assembled.

sorry i dont have a screenshot of GPS signal yet.. will post it in when i do.
Last edited by xach; 21st February 2012 at 05:01 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xach For This Useful Post: [ View ]