Why I always be brick after flash nAn 08 kernel?

Search This thread

yuduy

Jan 21, 2011
Im trying up my mini to GingerDX (follow stelios97's guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1200675)
My FW is 2.1.1.A.0.6 already
My Baseband: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
I did root, xRecovery and unlock BL my mini successully.
Now I only have to flash nAa 08 Kernel to be able to install GingerDX, I use flashtool 0.5.3 to flash E10_nAa-08_2.6.29.6-nAa-08.ftf to my phone in order:
- copy file E10_nAa-08_2.6.29.6-nAa-08.ftf to Flashtool\firmwares
- run flashtool
- run flash -> flashmode and choose E10 nAn-08 -> OK
- turned off phone, hold back and plug in
- flashing
- done
- brick

I tried 3 time and always be brick, I have to plug out the battery cab to turn off then flash firmware 2.1.1.A.0.6 again.
So what did I miss? Is there any other way to flash my kernel to nAa-08?

yuduy

Jan 21, 2011
My problem:
After flash that kernel, my phone reboot, I see one nAa kernel logo (some triangle and circlea with black and red color) then my display be dark and nothing happen, no boot, no led when plug cab, just like a brick. I have to plug out battery cab to turn off my phone. If I turn it on, everything will happen like that. Only one way that plug out battery cab to turn off then flash stock FW 2.1.1.A.0.6

I tried flash nAa 10 kernel but still be brick like that :confused:

Feb 5, 2011
My opinion is that this kernel is not for stock ROM.
After having flashed this kernel you have to flash a CM7 ROM (GingerDX or MiniCM7).
To do so, you have to have copied the zip file of the ROM on your SDCard, then flash the kerner using flashtool, then enter to CWM by pressing the back button (press several times) as soon as you see the nAa kernel logo, then wipe all and select your zip to upgrade.

Reactions: yuduy

yuduy

Jan 21, 2011
I didnt install CWM, can use xRecovery instead of CWM to install GingerDX.zip in SD card?

yuduy

Jan 21, 2011
After having flashed this kernel you have to flash a CM7 ROM (GingerDX or MiniCM7).
To do so, you have to have copied the zip file of the ROM on your SDCard, then flash the kerner using flashtool, then enter to CWM by pressing the back button (press several times) as soon as you see the nAa kernel logo, then wipe all and select your zip to upgrade.
I followed your guide and it was successful, now my phone is Ginger :cool:
Thx alot :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.