[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Just flash it yourself. I flashed the official yakjux 4.02 build from Google.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

First of all, there is no yakjux build. Secondly, these are updates, not full ROMs. Flashing these will update your current build, without wiping. Flashing a full ROM will wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jei13

Feb 11, 2012
yakjusc update

Here's the link to update yakjusc (docomo branded) devices (ITL41D to ICL53F):

http : //android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/samsung_proxima_yakjusc/94ec403ff247.update_yakjusc_ITL41D_to_ICL53F.zip

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20

Here's the link to update yakjusc (docomo branded) devices (ITL41D to ICL53F):

http : //android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/samsung_proxima_yakjusc/94ec403ff247.update_yakjusc_ITL41D_to_ICL53F.zip
Thanks for posting guys! I will update the first post tonight or tomorrow.

which of these is the easiest and least invasive/warranty voiding method? also how do i know if i am yakta/yakblah/etc? will these work on a GSM SGN on o2 in the UK or just on US devices?

thanks a lot :)
The methods are all the same - doesn't matter what you use, as you end up in the same state as before.

As for your second question, look at your build.prop file. It will tell you in there what version you have.

As for your third question, there is no difference in the hardware for different GSM Galaxy Nexus'. These updates are for the appropriate build you are running, i.e., yakju, yakjuux, etc.

Last edited:

hmanxx

Nov 15, 2008
Method 4 - Stock recovery installed, Locked bootloader, no root;
1) You are out of luck. Need to unlock your bootloader, or wait until you get the OTA.

A bit confuse on the the 1st thread ,method -4 which quoting without bootloader unlock..there is no way to do manual update even on complete stock signed ROM legit upgrade.

Google locked out manual updating ?
Nexus S and Nexus One could use stock recovery to flash the legit/correct update manually.

Any specific reason that Galaxy Nexus behaved this manner ?

If this info is accurate..that is to say..must root and at least unlock bootloader once, and should be doing it as early as possible otherwise unlocking bootloader at later stage will wipe all data is very painful thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: michel-slm

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
A bit confuse on the the 1st thread ,method -4 which quoting without bootloader unlock..there is no way to do manual update even on complete stock signed ROM legit upgrade.

Google locked out manual updating ?
That is correct. You cannot install an update from /sdcard with a stock recovery. It needs to be in /cache but you can't put it there without root...

Nexus S and Nexus One could use stock recovery to flash the legit/correct update manually.

Any specific reason that Galaxy Nexus behaved this manner ?
I can't remember if it was the same with the Nexus One or Nexus S, but I thought it was.

If this info is accurate..that is to say..must root and at least unlock bootloader once, and should be doing it as early as possible otherwise unlocking bootloader at later stage will wipe all data is very painful thing to do.
Three things:
1) In your post, you say that I indicated that you need root --- not true. You do not need root. You only need either an unlocked bootloader OR root OR an custom recovery.
2) This is why I always recommend that people unlock their bootloaders as the very first step after taking a Nexus device out of the box. Even before booting Android. And LEAVE IT UNLOCKED. It does not negatively affect anything, and you can always re-lock it if you ever need to return your device.
3) You could also try backing up your data using this (which is newly available in ICS) method if your bootloader is locked.

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
How do I know which one I am on? I just bought one from Expansys and got the OTA to 4.0.2 and it says ICL53F. Is there an update to 4.0.3?

If your build number says ICL53F, then you are on yakju.

4.0.3 has not be released yet for the Galaxy Nexus. It is available at AOSP however, so you can build your own ROM if you want.

rylake

Jun 27, 2009

4.0.3 has not be released yet for the Galaxy Nexus. It is available at AOSP however, so you can build your own ROM if you want.

You can be on ICL53F and be on a yakjuXX variant though, right? You can check the build.prop or download GN update checker from the market to be sure.

efrant, when the next update comes do you have to flash your radio back to XXKK6 in order for it to install correctly? I am running basically the same set up as you right now (UGKL1 radio, on 4.0.2). Also does flashing the radio back and forth hurt anything?

Thanks, you have been a big help in clearing this stuff up for many people!

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
You can be on ICL53F and be on a yakjuXX variant though, right?
Yes. But at the moment, there is no ICL53F for yakjuux, only for yakju and a few of the non-yakju builds.

efrant, when the next update comes do you have to flash your radio back to XXKK6 in order for it to install correctly? I am running basically the same set up as you right now (UGKL1 radio, on 4.0.2).
If you want it to flash automatically, then yes, you need to flash back XXKK6 before the update will install.

Also does flashing the radio back and forth hurt anything?
Nothing at all.

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6

Thanks, I wasn't sure it came with 4.0.1 and it updated to 4.0.2 and the Galaxy Nexus toolkit had an option for 4.0.3 so that's what made me wonder. I still don't know the differences between yakju and the non-yakju. I'll probably wait until the Cyanogenmod is stable because I love their ROM's so I'll still with stock now. Any good kernals for the stock 4.0.2?

Top Liked Posts