I had a quick play with the Italian SIM this evening. The APNs don't work due to the framework / telephony not reading the SIM properly (as expected).

I tried a couple of things with proprietary LG files but no luck yet. one thing I tried should have worked (it got rid of the radio logcat errors), but it didn't because of another incompatibility elsewhere... (it killed data for my regular SIM too)

I didn't have a chance to figure out more because my gf stole my netbook from me

If everything goes to plan I should have my desktop up and running tomorrow evening and I can start to research some framework changes.

Sent from my LG Optimus One by carrier pidgeon
The dawn of mobile phones
Ericsson GA 628 => Nokia 5110 => Siemens C35i => Siemens C45

The age of colour screens and polyphonic ringtones
Motorola C350 => Sony Ericsson T610 => Sony Ericsson T630 => Sony Ericsson K790i => Sony Ericsson T250i

The age of Android
LG Optimus One => Sony XPERIA J => Sony XPERIA SP => Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact