Or Continue to Thread: HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs
Find Your Device:
30th May 2008, 05:07 PM   |  #800  
Thanks Meter: 26

143 posts
My Documents on SD and throttle filesys.exe
Hello,

I try to have faster and better HX4700 and I found 2 good (I think) tricks.

First one is put "My Documents" where many software write something without possibility to change it to SD Card.
-----------------
In fact the solution I found is rename "SD Card" itself to "My Documents" so there is no "SD Card" anymore because "SD Card" IS "My Docuyments". Because I use CF Card for all my storage purpose and only SD card for temporary use (SD Card is easier to extract than CF Card) this is good soltion for me.

The thing to do is :

1) Backup and Erase content of "SD Card"
2) Copy content of "My Documents" on ROOT of "SD Card" (not in "My Documents" subfolder)
3) Modify :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ SDMemory
String Name: Folder
Default Value: SD Card
Modified Value: My Documents
4) Delete "My Documents" folder
5) Soft reset, done.

2nd one, throttle filesys.exe
----------------------

I read everywhere with WM6.1 filesys.exe is not an issue anymore compared to WM5. The problem is I never install WM5 to my device to compare so I still think filesys.exe is an issue. I found a little app reduce, I think, this issue.

I modified it for last PdaViet ROM and include all info to modify it for an other ROM :

How to modify patch_filesys for your own ROM

1: Connect HX4700 and verify ActiveSync is correctly running
2: Run command pps.exe -t > out.txt
3: Locate in out.txt the line(s) with msflash.dll
4: The 4 first bytes of this line is the process PID
5: Edit patch_filesys.exe with any hex editor and go to 61Ch the 4 bytes is the search process
(note: there are many search process PID at 61Ch, 620h, 624h and so on, you can modify the 1st as described here or an other)
6: Copy the PID read in out.txt at 61Ch address with BYTES IN REVERSE ORDER.

patch_filesys should now run without error message.
If no you made an error with PID once again you must imput bytes in reverse order.
if you read 12 34 56 78 you must input 78 56 34 12

7: patch_filesys run but have no effect (filesys still eat 100% CPU)
try to see in out.txt if there is an other msflash.dll line with an other PID and try with this one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Filesys.zip - [Click for QR Code] (91.2 KB, 463 views)