Or Continue to Thread: Official Galaxy Nexus Car Dock…
Find Your Device:
14th February 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #399  
Thanks Meter: 14

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownel02

I hate to bump my own post but no responses have been made and I am still not in the know.

Can someone please explain/clarify how the AUX out works on this dock. My assertion is that the third pin enables the phone BT (as someone mentioned previously) and that signal is converted back into a hard line out (AUX) via a BT device located within the dock itself. Is this a reasonable assertion? If so, I would assume that the power in to the dock also gets split to charge the BT in the dock. Otherwise if one were to use the dock in an unplugged manner eventually it (the AUX out) would die.

I understand the above is all speculation at this point since there is no dock currently available (thus this thread).

Thanks

This IS CORRECT as far as I can tell. There is no signal coming OUT the middle pin. It just "senses" a voltage level to determine it is in a Car Dock or Media Dock. The Car Dock then rotates Home Screen to landscape mode and enables BT. The Dock contains the BT to 3.5mm audio out. I am not even sure the BT in the base would function at all without power plug. Since the Dock is also to charge the phone, there may be no battery at all in the BT audio adapter.
The Following User Says Thank You to djras111 For This Useful Post: [ View ]