Search This thread

Mirko ddd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 7, 2010
Piazza Armerina
disastercopiacopiacopia.png

.INTRODUCTION and GRATITUDE

This ROM is not for geeks,
there s no alien implementation, won t make your coffee and won t solve your relationship problems.

Most things on this ROM are made by me, who follow my tutorials knows something about, but it includes some genius stuff by other xda members, so don t worship me if you like this ROM, and don t point the finger at me if you don t like, you are flashing a ROM called "Disaster ROM", so people, be aware :)lol

Before to list a blablabla list of the ROM features I'd like to thank people who helped me to make a Disaster ROM, so you know who blame, just in case :p

Usually best ROMs are made by teams, and if you think about you ll never find a "one-man" ROM, because everybody need somebody in this world, and me too obviously.

So a standing ovation please to people who helps giving his support in this thread:

salesale, goldieking, ApriliaM3, shoman94, sir Mr.Greg and many more (shout if i missed you!)

One more standing ovation to all the donators that keep this alive:

salesale, manuelmagix, maanz, shoman94, churapa, dainar, paalkr , skossa, follettoverde, kai obey, jomud, raziel, merlin, *didi , STEulm , spelaben , jemeljsh , zzkonzz , bengosuxl (huge) , stigerle , dejan , _alex74_ ,minidou-77 , forgiaro , myrianto , ciuffo78 , zapper01 , kensalvo , Vexxx , micpsi , tomtro74 , Calvo (shout if i missed you!)

And one more thank to people i worked with to give you the worst (or better) Disaster you have seen, flashed, enjoied:

dsixda, jarari2, LegendK95, shoman94, goldieking, P.toti, mythrandir, didact74, kavithara, magn2o , jeboo , sorg , *Kazi_rizwan for the awesome logo!

I accept criticism and suggestions for new features, but will insert just the ones that I believe are useful and in line with my idea of ​​modding. All inquiries relating to graphic changes will be discarded.
If you have any bugs to report please do so in the presence of a logcat, because words alone do not solve anything, are confusing and do not help the development.
I would prefer the discussion to center on the rom itself, not on which kernel is the best and what is not, for this sort of thing there are various discussions about it.
If you are looking for a rom for daily use, with useful functions and without extravagant things are in the right place, if you look more this rom is not for you.
This is a hobby, and I do not feel compelled to keep everyone happy if it means not to please myself, I want to be clear.
Anyone who wants to help is welcome, but any donation is to be considered as a courtesy for the work done so far, not as a pretext to gain the right to tell me what to do.
I'm not going to switch devices, I do not see why I should, and will continue to develop for this phone for much longer, according to my ideas, my free time, my private commitments.

My contribution to XDA and its members will continue until there is satisfaction and gratitude for what I do.

Thank you for your attention.

.STATUS

looking for some nu mods

.THE APP

Disaster ROM Control is free on Play Store

.THE ROM

General & framework
Is based on *ROM LSN
baseband MS2
CSC ITVLS1
kernel siyah v6b5
CRT-Off (toggleable)
Volume Rocker mod (skip songs through volume buttons, working with all music players and with FM support) (toggleable)
hold back to kill
5 icons on circle lockscreen
ripple lockscreen
AOSP lockscreen
LG like lockscreen
no homebutton lag
removed low battery dialogs
ink effect for ripple lockscreen
4 way to reboot
screenshot on power menu
wifi AP on power menu
removed and disabled help text on lockscreen
torch on lockscreen
phone and mms shortcut on AOSP lockscreen

JobManager
Bypassed kill all dialog

Mms
real time stamp on received sms/mms
no conversion mms/sms
unlimited recipient

Phone
no end call delay
non increasing ringtone (toggleable)
call recording

SystemUI
separated toggle button
Fully customizable clock (color, position, add date, am/pm)
Customizable clock and date actions on expanded status bar (launch actions and app u desire)
Customize toggles
Hide show toggles by settings button single press
Hide/show brightness bar (settings)
Customize battery (position, type)
Toggles autoscroll speed increased
WifiAP toggle
Statusbar color

Settings

.Display settings
DPI settings
Notification panel settings
Smart rotation toggle

.Lockscreen settings
Ripple toggle
ink effect

.Wireless
Smart network toggle

.Device info
Hidden "about Disaster ROM"

TW Launcher
Auto orientation toggle
Page loop toggle
Page indicator toggle
Scrolling Wallpaper toggle
Removed help texts

Camera
Sound menu for shutter
Volume up to take pictures
Volume up to start video rec
Volume down to save video
Improved media profiles

More to come!

.CHANGELOGS
v11
Code:
[COLOR="Silver"]SystemUI[/COLOR]
Separated button to show-hide toggles

[COLOR="Silver"]System[/COLOR]
Included Got-IT! read thread [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2221789"]here[/URL]

[COLOR="Silver"]Launcher[/COLOR]
no more messy folders

more to come

v10
Code:
statusbar color

[COLOR="Silver"]Phone[/COLOR]
non increasing ringtone toggleable

[COLOR="Silver"]Settings[/COLOR]
moved all to Disaster ROM Control

v9
Code:
[COLOR="Silver"]General & framework[/COLOR]
Rebased on LSD
fixed su
jeboo kernel v1.3
implemented new homebutton lagfix
deleted some unused code
edge zoom is here again (toggleable)

no end call delay
began some internal work to implement in future

Edge zoom toggleable

[COLOR="Silver"]mms[/COLOR]
fixed in mms time a little bug (typo)

[COLOR="Silver"]video player[/COLOR]
live thumbnails again

.SCREENSHOTS

under construction
.DOWNLOADS & INSTALLATION
DisasterROM_V11 is a wipe rom, make a buckup if possible.
DevHost Download

.OLD DOWNLOADS

second post.

XDA:DevDB Information
Unnamed Project, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
Mirko ddd

Version Information

Created 2013-07-30
Last Updated 2013-07-30

Last edited:

Lulabby

Nov 1, 2010
can you please post some screen shots which would be very helpful for us, thank you.

ole12

Jan 19, 2011
Since he says he keeps it as stock as possible, don't think screenshots will help you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: osama999

Mirko ddd

Nov 7, 2010
Piazza Armerina
can you please post some screen shots which would be very helpful for us, thank you.

in post #2 there s some ;)

it looks interesting :) can you please add screenshots please? thanks for your hard work

thank you man, you re welcome (already tried?)
screen posted in #2 post

Since he says he keeps it as stock as possible, don't think screenshots will help you :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yeah :p

Shouldn't this be in Android Development instead?

Why should it be? And in case we got the best moderators to move threads ;)

Tested works great
excellent compliment Rom

Thank you mate ;) waiting 4 your impressions

Alexpiri

Aug 31, 2011
Reggio Emilia
hi Mirko :D nice job man!!! guys this is a great ROM! Ultra stable and fast, you really have to try it!! Cheers from HDblog forum Mirko:D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
Why should it be? And in case we got the best moderators to move threads ;)

Thank you mate ;) waiting 4 your impressions

It should be because you bring nothing new to the table, it's all pre existing mods which you bundled together and tried to make it as stock as possible... If you had a new development breakthrough, you should say so because that would justify it being an original dev thread

Sent from my GT-I9100

Mirko ddd

Nov 7, 2010
Piazza Armerina
hi Mirko :D nice job man!!! guys this is a great ROM! Ultra stable and fast, you really have to try it!! Cheers from HDblog forum Mirko:D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Hi mate ;) thanks for supporting act :) HDBlog is my home :) our home ;)

gona try mate good look

hi mate :) let me know about it!

Seems very nice ROM. Complimenti. I am curios about battery life in this ROM.

Battery seems to be good, anyway only triyng u can give an answer (accurated) to your question; let me know about it ;)

It should be because you bring nothing new to the table, it's all pre existing mods which you bundled together and tried to make it as stock as possible... If you had a new development breakthrough, you should say so because that would justify it being an original dev thread

Sent from my GT-I9100

Well, many Samsung based rom are in this section. Sometimes I see any difference about the Original Development and Development room, so.. if this is the wrong section moderators will do their work as I do mine in my native forum.
Told this, thank u 4 your answer.

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
Well, many Samsung based rom are in this section. Sometimes I see any difference about the Original Development and Development room, so.. if this is the wrong section moderators will do their work as I do mine in my native forum.
Told this, thank u 4 your answer.

No problem, just trying to clarify for the future... Original dev roms usually have their own apps coded by them or they use special theming process like villainrom or hyperdroid, or they made a development breakthough which wasnt borrowed from another dev... Of course almost all roms original or not are based on samsung roms because cyanogen or aosp are missing proprietary driver support. ;) The joys of samsung products

Sent from my GT-I9100

Mirko ddd

Nov 7, 2010
Piazza Armerina
No problem, just trying to clarify for the future... Original dev roms usually have their own apps coded by them or they use special theming process like villainrom or hyperdroid, or they made a development breakthough which wasnt borrowed from another dev... Of course almost all roms original or not are based on samsung roms because cyanogen or aosp are missing proprietary driver support. ;) The joys of samsung products

Sent from my GT-I9100

ok :D so when I make dynamic background in framework I ll post here :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    disastercopiacopiacopia.png

.INTRODUCTION and GRATITUDE

This ROM is not for geeks,
    there s no alien implementation, won t make your coffee and won t solve your relationship problems.

Most things on this ROM are made by me, who follow my tutorials knows something about, but it includes some genius stuff by other xda members, so don t worship me if you like this ROM, and don t point the finger at me if you don t like, you are flashing a ROM called "Disaster ROM", so people, be aware :)lol

Before to list a blablabla list of the ROM features I'd like to thank people who helped me to make a Disaster ROM, so you know who blame, just in case :p

Usually best ROMs are made by teams, and if you think about you ll never find a "one-man" ROM, because everybody need somebody in this world, and me too obviously.

So a standing ovation please to people who helps giving his support in this thread:

salesale, goldieking, ApriliaM3, shoman94, sir Mr.Greg and many more (shout if i missed you!)

One more standing ovation to all the donators that keep this alive:

salesale, manuelmagix, maanz, shoman94, churapa, dainar, paalkr , skossa, follettoverde, kai obey, jomud, raziel, merlin, *didi , STEulm , spelaben , jemeljsh , zzkonzz , bengosuxl (huge) , stigerle , dejan , _alex74_ ,minidou-77 , forgiaro , myrianto , ciuffo78 , zapper01 , kensalvo , Vexxx , micpsi , tomtro74 , Calvo (shout if i missed you!)

And one more thank to people i worked with to give you the worst (or better) Disaster you have seen, flashed, enjoied:

dsixda, jarari2, LegendK95, shoman94, goldieking, P.toti, mythrandir, didact74, kavithara, magn2o , jeboo , sorg , *Kazi_rizwan for the awesome logo!

I accept criticism and suggestions for new features, but will insert just the ones that I believe are useful and in line with my idea of ​​modding. All inquiries relating to graphic changes will be discarded.
    If you have any bugs to report please do so in the presence of a logcat, because words alone do not solve anything, are confusing and do not help the development.
    I would prefer the discussion to center on the rom itself, not on which kernel is the best and what is not, for this sort of thing there are various discussions about it.
    If you are looking for a rom for daily use, with useful functions and without extravagant things are in the right place, if you look more this rom is not for you.
    This is a hobby, and I do not feel compelled to keep everyone happy if it means not to please myself, I want to be clear.
    Anyone who wants to help is welcome, but any donation is to be considered as a courtesy for the work done so far, not as a pretext to gain the right to tell me what to do.
    I'm not going to switch devices, I do not see why I should, and will continue to develop for this phone for much longer, according to my ideas, my free time, my private commitments.

My contribution to XDA and its members will continue until there is satisfaction and gratitude for what I do.

Thank you for your attention.

.STATUS

looking for some nu mods

.THE APP

Disaster ROM Control is free on Play Store

.THE ROM

General & framework
    Is based on *ROM LSN
    baseband MS2
    CSC ITVLS1
    kernel siyah v6b5
    CRT-Off (toggleable)
    Volume Rocker mod (skip songs through volume buttons, working with all music players and with FM support) (toggleable)
    hold back to kill
    5 icons on circle lockscreen
    ripple lockscreen
    AOSP lockscreen
    LG like lockscreen
    no homebutton lag
    removed low battery dialogs
    ink effect for ripple lockscreen
    4 way to reboot
    screenshot on power menu
    wifi AP on power menu
    removed and disabled help text on lockscreen
    torch on lockscreen
    phone and mms shortcut on AOSP lockscreen

JobManager
    Bypassed kill all dialog

Mms
    real time stamp on received sms/mms
    no conversion mms/sms
    unlimited recipient

Phone
    no end call delay
    non increasing ringtone (toggleable)
    call recording

SystemUI
    separated toggle button
    Fully customizable clock (color, position, add date, am/pm)
    Customizable clock and date actions on expanded status bar (launch actions and app u desire)
    Customize toggles
    Hide show toggles by settings button single press
    Hide/show brightness bar (settings)
    Customize battery (position, type)
    Toggles autoscroll speed increased
    WifiAP toggle
    Statusbar color

Settings

.Display settings
    DPI settings
    Notification panel settings
    Smart rotation toggle

.Lockscreen settings
    Ripple toggle
    ink effect

.Wireless
    Smart network toggle

.Device info
    Hidden "about Disaster ROM"

TW Launcher
    Auto orientation toggle
    Page loop toggle
    Page indicator toggle
    Scrolling Wallpaper toggle
    Removed help texts

Camera
    Sound menu for shutter
    Volume up to take pictures
    Volume up to start video rec
    Volume down to save video
    Improved media profiles

More to come!

.CHANGELOGS
    v11
    Code:
    Separated button to show-hide toggles

[COLOR="Silver"]System[/COLOR]
    Included Got-IT! read thread [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2221789"]here[/URL]

[COLOR="Silver"]Launcher[/COLOR]
    no more messy folders

more to come

v10
    Code:
    statusbar color

non increasing ringtone toggleable

moved all to Disaster ROM Control

v9
    Code:
    [COLOR="Silver"]General & framework[/COLOR]
    Rebased on LSD
    fixed su
    jeboo kernel v1.3
    implemented new homebutton lagfix
    deleted some unused code
    edge zoom is here again (toggleable)

no end call delay
    began some internal work to implement in future

Edge zoom toggleable

[COLOR="Silver"]mms[/COLOR]
    fixed in mms time a little bug (typo)

[COLOR="Silver"]video player[/COLOR]
    live thumbnails again

.SCREENSHOTS

under construction
    .DOWNLOADS & INSTALLATION
    DisasterROM_V11 is a wipe rom, make a buckup if possible.
    DevHost Download

.OLD DOWNLOADS

second post.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unnamed Project, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Mirko ddd

Version Information

Created 2013-07-30
    Last Updated 2013-07-30
    Old Downloads

xdadownload.png

DisasterROM_V10 is a NO wipe mini pack, install it only over v9
    DevHost Download

DisasterROM_V9 is a wipe rom, make a buckup if possible.
    DevHost Download
    V.8
    Download DevHost (full ROM, will wipe your datas)
    Disaster rom control updated. Rom tomorrow i hope.
    hello disaster-ed users!

let s talk a bit about disaster rom, about your tastes and expectactions.

for first i d like to underline the fact that i m not gonna follow other sammy based roms stuffs, that s should be clear; if i have to learn or port something i prefer to use aokp repos and bring some nu (and possibly useful) thing from there.

for second thing, there s a lil regret i wanna share with you, it s about multiwindow, i find it a very useless (thou cool) feature into our s2, because of the screen size and considering 4.1.2 multitasking (very very impressive!).
    So I d like to not iimplement it, and prefer "wasting time" in some more nu features.

Disaster rom is not born as a rom to show to your friends and say "see this, that s cool", but it s a rom that put the stability on the first, and that let the user enjoy useful features and some eye candy customizations.

Why i made this rom? because with my old Galaxy S thou there were several roms none of them satisfied my tastes. and would be the same for my s2 right now.

this don t mean that other roms are not good, simply i don t like them.

right now on this forum there are about 10 or more LSJ/LS8 based roms, most are not even "roms" (but lite copies of what a rom is) and some is really good, with lot of features, customizations ( i.e. alliance rom, for me is the most innovative lookin at the mods).

I wanna be honest and go on building roms on sammy bases following my tastes, according to my free time (look, i m 25 y.o, i have a whole youth to live outside, i like drinking, smokin', loving girls, bein thoughtless as much as i can, i love my work and be among my friends) and being remembered as an innovative rom maker someday, with my pros and cons.

sometimes i feel loved here, sometimes i feel i m not, but what i really care is how i feel while i m feeding my hobby: happy!

so, honestly if someone is not enjoying the rom as it is is really free to choose another rom, i ll be happy the same ( since all the good roms here gimme credits for something) and you all will be happy too :) there s no reason to spam the thread with "if" and "but" or with "this kernel is better that the other kernel".

but it s very welcomed a discussion among friends that share the same passion: this rom.
    with advices (no kernel related), experiences, with debugging (based on logcats, not on "i suppose").

hopefully even supporting my hobby with some donation (like rarely happens) and always thanking who helps you out!

said this i wish u a sunny sunday!

Mirko Dimartino
    Hello guys :)
    Been out of this thread for almost 4days, sorry.
    But i made my first app (almost done) to control whole disaster rom without using default settings app.
    Will be on play store asap, when nu framework is done.

App will be a free app but every donation to support my hours on eclipse will be much more than appreciated.

Good evening to y all!