Omnia 4 (B7350) custom ROM's 6.1/6.5 RU/WWE

Search This thread

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
1.As I see this firmware is intended for TMN Portugal. Better if you flash full common firmware not destinated for cellop, if you intended to flash my rom.
2. Samfirmware links are to megaupload share folders...unfortunately megaupload is closed by US goverment some days ago..
This is latest official rom from my storage http://www.mediafire.com/?1jlapf54d9afa2w Dont remember if it has bootloader part.

Reactions: pmauzao

pmauzao

Jul 7, 2011
1. If i flash your ROM it's just following the intructions in the first page or i've to flash with a full commom firmware previously?
2. Samfirmware links have rapidshare links too, i don't know what the right ROM for my phone, there are 10 of them... all work fine?
3. The link you send me just have the .bin file, i don't know what are the other files to use...

Thks

Last edited:

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Fix for Samsung Photoalbum in custom and offical rom.
To apply you must insure that storage card is named" Storage Card" in file explorer.
1) Apply fix -install to main storage.
2) Reset
3) you can now remove huge photoalbomdb.vol file in Application data\PhotalbumSiso its been recreated on you storage card!

Attachments

• b7350_Storage_card_renamer.cab
    1.6 KB · Views: 142
  • b7350_photoalbumstroragefixv2.cab
    5.4 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:

pmauzao

Jul 7, 2011
This are great news!!!!
But I've storage card as "Cartao de memoria" and it doesn't let me change it....
Can you help me?

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Pmauzao,
If its ever possible this will only downgrade possibilites of device also upcoming problem with drivers, bugs etc comes together..
Android is a Toy OS for big screens, mostly for games.
I never had b7350 in my own too :). If you want better quality device with same possibilites buy sgh-i780! Ther is working port of android for this device, but still pointless.

Soldiaz

Apr 3, 2011
Bugs

Dear folks first of all I would lilke to thank you for the great work. Ive just flashed over the cooked rom and anything runs much faster than before. The only thing I miss is that the home screen's customization doesnt work properly :-( . I tried to put "apps" into the home screen and then move my favourite apps into this entry several times - without success. The entry stays blank.. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible to change the language to German? I could not find the place where to do that.

Last...at FN SETTINGS there is something in Russian and I could not read it because it werent Latin characters ;-)

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards
Soldiaz

Last edited:

photona

Mar 19, 2010
Is it possible to change the language to German? I could not find the place where to do that.

Last...at FN SETTINGS there is something in Russian and I could not read it because it werent Latin characters ;-)

Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards
Soldiaz

This may help you:

You can change phisical keyboard language layout in any rom.
You just need to replace 2 dlls in following registry:

1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\keypad]
"Dll" = "keypad_ORSAY.Dll"
keypad_ORSAY.Dll to available in ROM:

keypad_ORSAY_0C0A.dll
keypad_Orsay_040B.dll Finnish
keypad_Orsay_040C.dll French
keypad_Orsay_040D.dll hebrew
keypad_Orsay_0406.dll Danish
keypad_Orsay_0407.dll German
keypad_Orsay_0414.dll Norwegian - Bokml
keypad_Orsay_0419.dll Russian
keypad_Orsay_0809.dll China
Other:
keypad_ORSAY_MiddleAsia.dll
keypad_ORSAY_MiddleAsia_Arab.dll
keypad_ORSAY_SoutheastAsia.dll

2.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD]
"DriverName"="kbdmouse.dll"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\00000409]
"Layout File"="kbdmouse.dll"
"Layout Text"="US"
"PS2_AT"="kbdmouse.dll"

To:
kbdmouse_0C0A.dll
kbdmouse_040C.dll
kbdmouse_0407.dll
kbdmouse_0419.dll
kbdmouse_0809.dll
kbdmouse_GlobalOpen.dll
kbdmouse_MiddleAsia.dll

ShivyX1

Mar 6, 2009
ROMs

Thank you for this post.
Where can I find the UK Original ROM (VOD, O2, ORA, XEU) ?
Could do also with Portugal and France...

For Nokias we have Navifirm, what about Samsung ?

Tried to download the Kitchen ROM version but asks for password...is this ROM in EN also ?

Thank you
Shivy
PS: I need to test a few ROM because the Orange one I have now does not wake up automatically to wake me up with the alarm....annoying.

G

GuestD0910

Keyboard backlight issue

Hi! I am using the WM 6.5 WWE version for a while now and it`s quite alright and I wanna thank you Heineken for that. Anyway I seem to have a problem with the keyboard backlight, it`s just won`t start anytime I type something. The backlight turns on anytime it feels like. It doesn`t bother me a lot during the day but at night time I can`t find the right keys to type messages. Does anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution to it?

Last edited:

belrei

Jan 13, 2008
Fix for Samsung Photoalbum in custom and offical rom.
To apply you must insure that storage card is named" Storage Card" in file explorer.
1) Apply fix -install to main storage.
2) Reset
3) you can now remove huge photoalbomdb.vol file in Application data\PhotalbumSiso its been recreated on you storage card!

another way to get rid of photoalbumdb.vol:
  • in HKLM\Services\
    delete the registry key which loads PhotoAlbumMonitorService.dll at startup
  • reboot
  • delete photoalbumdb.vol
  • install Resco Photo Manager or something similar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    17.02.12 Photoalbum database file fix to Storage Card (save 10th of mb of stolen space in mainstorage by mediaalbum database)
    19.05.11 ROM Kitchen based on OSBuilder incl. SYS/OEM WM 6.5 (Build 21895) RU
    Kitchen: DOWNLOAD
    13.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)
    WWE(ENG): DOWNLOAD
    Change log same as for 08.05.11 version.
    08.05.11 WM 6.1 Lite (Build 21054) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 8mb)
    RU: DOWNLOAD

How to flash at Post 2. Main difference - you dont need to flash langpack and take out battery as for older release (03/04/11).
    Change log to older rel.:
    -option to turn off autolockscreen;
    -more hardware buttons customizable;
    -no samsung dialer (video calls not avaliable).

03.04.11 WM 6.5.1 Lite (Build 21895) 128DPI for SAMSUNG OMNIA B7350 (pagepool 16mb)
    WWE(ENG): DOWNLOAD
    RU: DOWNLOAD
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

"Lite" (RUS/WWE)
    -extra lang packages;
    -software: GoogleMaps, DIOdict, Samsung Today;
    -other garbage from samsung;
    -My Phone (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
    -Windows Live/Live Search (can be downloaded via Marketplace);
    -MS Money, Weather widgets (can be found on internet);
    +voice commander (only in WWE)
    +HTC Task Manager;
    +game Bubble breaker;
    +Samsung Task manager;
    +Samsung Alarms (only in WWE);
    +Samsung FN Launcher;
    +Transcriber (WWE);
    +Home Screen Customizer incl. widgets -Weather, Progs..etc (for Titanium)
    +added hidden wm 65 feature - screen vibration (option in sound settings)
    +added hidden samsung sound settings (suxx)
    Bugs/mods:
    +Modified keyboard driver- assignable button "WIN" Hold;
    +New keybacklight settings;
    +Option "disconnect" replaced by "restart" in Shutdown menu;
    +tweaked touch driver settings and smart touch (from HTC) (only WWE);
    -Some menu's missing in Media Browser.(Due incompatibility with wm 651) Can use standard WM media browser instead.
    -b7350 dialer doesn't show photo on incoming call ( Due incompatibility with wm 651) can use standard windows dialer or other.
    Free file memory ~ 240 MB, Page pool 16 MB.

1. Flasher and instructions at post 2.
    2. I'm not responsible for any damage due flasher or custom ROM to your device.
    3. Is possible to change hardware keyboard layouts via registry in any ROM (this post)
    4. Enjoy!!!
    5. If you like my work pls PAYPAL
    6. If you need to revert to original ROM or want to see official latest updates go here (need to be registered to view)
    First of all, thank you for your work. I never thought I see a customised ROM for Omnia 4:). Still, before I try it, can you tell me what are the advantages of this ROM besides some removed apps and more free RAM. Is it speedier? Thanks.
    yes its far quicklier/ classic windows GUI with Start on top!
    you can use wm titanium - its quicklier, smoother and has wonderful tool HSC (Home screen cutomizer 1.51)incl in this rom that includes shortcuts, weather and other usefull plugins for titanium. Samsung home is a garbage circa 5-6 mb of file space and memory.
    Running the rom for a few hours. So far, it works perfect, it seems a little faster than with the stock rom. I use SPB Mobile Shell and this is a little faster too. I like the fact that I can configure windows button (long press action) and also that I can get rid of auto correct features (that work only on english anyway).
    The problem with EBoot was my fault, I just couldn't click on "Start" with no eboot image loaded, but after I restarted the phone everything worked as it should.

All in all, great first rom for our Omnia 4 phone, Heineken, keep up the good work ;)
    Heineken, no serious bugs so far but I noticed that when I answer a call it takes around a second between the time I press the Answer button and the moment I hear the caller. I don't know if this is because of the ROM or this is just the way this phone behaves. But, I didn't noticed that earlier. Also, after I restart the phone, I receive a message "The file InitHomeDown cannot be opened". It's not a real problem, because after I close this window, everything works as it should.
    I'm still happy with this rom, as I said no major problems so far.