Thanks Meter 5
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pinetta, Florida
DONATE TO ME
I bootlooped a cyanogenmod 7 install. I can't acccess the stock recovery, so I looked for a .sbf to restore my phone. I went to this thread, and was relieved. However, the download links do NOT work, they just inifnintly time out, and don't work. So, I went to the modmymobiles website with the same file. downloaded it. I then went and got the motorola drivers, and installed those, and then I found RSDlite v.4.9 . I extracted the .gz file I downloaded, and it errors at the very end, saying "broken file". When i tried to flash this "broken file" it gets to %99 then "FAIL" is the status message, and m phone is still bootlooping CM7. So now,I have a brick, and no phone. I feel like an idiot. Any help?
Originally Posted by jorgonv
Anything YOU do to YOUR phone is not my fault, please proceed with caution
1. Download RSD Lite, Drivers, and .sbf files from below
2. Install RSD Lite
3. Open RSD Lite as administer (hold shift, right-click on RSD Lite, select Run as administer)
4. Unzip the .gz and extract the .sbf
5. In RSD Lite, browse for the .sbf and select it.
6. Power your phone into the bootloader (hold volume up and power on, should be a black screen with white text)
[If the bootloader screen says Cannot program, your battery is too low to apply .sbf]
7. Plug phone in and run the driver installer
8. RSD should recognize your phone now
9. Select you phone and press Start
10. Wait for it to finish
Whatever you do, do not unplug your phone from computer or disconnect them in any way
Note: If you bootloop and are stuck at the red M logo, you need to wipe data in stock recovery. To do that, hold the volume down button and continue holding it when you power up the phone. Then, once you see the triangle and android, press both volume buttons at the same time. After that, scroll down and select wipe data/factory reset.