There is another way to get your restore to work:
1. download AbyssNote 3.9 kernel from this thread
. It's a flashable zip.
2. put this zip on your SD Card before
you try to restore your previous system or flash a fresh GB rom
3. when you want to restore, power off your phone
4. boot into recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
5. choose 'install zip from SD Card'
6. navigate to your Abyss kernel zip and flash it
7. go back to the Recovery start menu
8. go to advanced/reboot recovery <--- this will reboot the phone directly to recovery
9. you will discover that you now have Hyperdroid Redpill Recovery - it comes with the Abyss kernel - it's pretty much the same thing as CWMR
10. wipe cache, dalvik, do your factory reset
11. start your restore, or flash a GB rom and it will work.
Hope this helps.