[LEAK/DEV][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
Me to but did not lose cwm reflashed another from up and running again now to read up on ra rrecovery

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
RA Recovery

People, here is the link to RA Recovery.

Just boot to CWM, and install. No wipes needed.

Then, after you have rebooted into RA recovery, do the following;

Wipe menu

Wipe Data/factory reset (don't worry, you shouldn't cook your downloaded user data as far as download info)
Wipe Dalvik if you want.

Go back a menu, and install the zip from the install menu.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22392691&postcount=104

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Install with RA recovery like Moscow has been saying. If you use CWM you're obviously going to get the same result Vache was talking about.

Nifterific, they just won't listen...

Last edited:

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
Kinda curious that it works with RA Recovery, but not with CWM, don't you think?

Ah well, I've needed an excuse to update my recovery from the last GPL compliant CWM anyway, so now's as good a time as any. :p

smaury

Jan 6, 2009
Turin
www.shielder.it
Something strange is going on here, I tried to flash the ROM using RA recovery after all needed wipes but i'm stuck on acer logo!

There is yet someone that flashed it on an A500, not an A501?

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
a 501 @ alexandra http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1467689

nandroid backup and straight install from CWM

after boot a loong pause with "upgrading application" and works as wifi only :) lets see if 3 G will work after build.prop changes :)

Guess nobody reads the threads.

Build-prop changes didn't work. 8 permutations.

Is probably kernel related.

Dude, if you can get APNs and menus up, please state so. My attempts did nothing.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Something strange is going on here, I tried to flash the ROM using RA recovery after all needed wipes but i'm stuck on acer logo!

There is yet someone that flashed it on an A500, not an A501?

Smaury, should work for you. I use RA 3.15, and all is ok.

Am back on my own, but will reflash again to make sure.

EDIT: works fine, no issues.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but a couple months ago, when RA was first released, the post said to do things in the beginning, to "update" from EXT3 to EXT4. But that was a long time ago when the recovery was first released, and I think you do not have to do that anymore. Personally, at this point, I think it makes no difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trivial651

damador

Jun 6, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Guess nobody reads the threads.

Build-prop changes didn't work. 8 permutations.

Is probably kernel related.

Dude, if you can get APNs and menus up, please state so. My attempts did nothing.

It work like a charm - no errors meesed menu - anything :) except not working internal modem i think that easier now to program 3 g module for kernel than camera - what also works now ;p

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
Installed ra recovery stuck at Acer logo have tried 3times ddid usual data cache dalvik wipe first what am I doing wrong?:confused:

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012
same as everyone else not an an a501, wipe data/factory reset, wipe dalvik, flash, stuck on acer logo. guess it just doesnt work on a500s.

Top Liked Posts