Originally Posted by zeroktal
To get Ubuntu working on the D4:
You must have root, and have busybox installed to /system/xbin/busybox
1. create a directory called ubuntu (EXTERNAL sdcard's root)
2. Download an image(small or large) to that directory
3. download the attached .sh to that directory
5. Remount your external sd card with the following command
mount -o remount,rw,exec,suid /dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard-ext
6. open a terminal
7. cd /mnt/sdcard-ext/ubuntu
8. run ./ubuntud4.sh
Voila it works.
Ignore any errors. Exit when done.
If you cant see a desktop when connecting through VNC.
1. From a terminal type "killall -TERM Xtightvnc" hit enter
2. From a terminal type vncserver
Then user 127.0.0.1:5901 (:1) instead of port 5900 (:0)
i have it on the internal SD... is that my issue?