to make myseld more familiar with some of the new HC/ICS features (ActionBar, Fragments, ViewPager, etc...) i made a new app.
This time is it something to make you laugh or kill boring hours waiting for something - "Quotes" (not the final name)...
Before i'm going to publish this in the market i want to give you the opportunity to give it a try and provide feedback if you want to.
I'm looking forward to all your feedback!
The APK is attached to this post (package name already reserved in market ).
Since there weren't any bug reports or other issues i am releasing the app to the Android Market
Get it via this link:
or the QR Code
Some background info:
- The backend is done with Google AppEngine + Jersey (RESTful webservice).
- All the quotes are saved in the AppEngine datastore.
- The app aggregates the view counts of all views in the internal SQLite database and submits those aggregated values once every day (to prevent massive write operations on the AppEngine datastore).
- Ratings are submitted instantly.
- The app has an auto update feature which will be executed once every day by default (interval configurable and you can also turn it off completely). This update process retrieves only those quotes that have been changed since the last update. They are transmitted with a GZIP compression to save your bandwidth!
Last edited by Goddchen; 26th February 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Reason: Background explanations