Default Breaking News

IMPORTANT NEWS ON THE GHOST CALL ISSUE

Hi guys. I bought an O3D about 2 months ago via a close friend of mine who is working at the Turkish branch of LG. About 2 weeks ago, I read this topic and discovered that I also was experiencing this issue but I wasn't aware of that to that moment. So after I realized this big problem, I read the whole topic and I confirmed that I have the exact problem on my O3D. After that I immediately called my friend at LG and told him about the problem, summarized to him what I read in this topic and sent him the link of this topic.

He contacted me today to tell me about the progress and he said that there are good news. After my call, he sent an e-mail to the LG HQ at Korea, and after a few days, they directly called him on the phone, and they discussed about the problem. My friend said to me that at first, the research & development department didn't believed this problem of ours, because it didn't showed up on some tests they ran. But after he told them what I told him and he showed this xda topic to them, they realized that this is a pretty big issue.

So, for now we know the global R&D team of LG is developing a patch for this issue, it’s not a brand new baseband but they say it will work. Actually my friend said that LG released a patch in France a few days ago and France branch will send it to the Turkish branch in a couple of days, after that Turkish LG will run some tests with the patch and if it works, they will release it. So, if it is “the” patch, maybe some of you guys can search for it and find out that if it works or not by yourselves, before some official announcement from LG Global.

I hope they will solve this problem of our very soon. If I hear any news, I will write again.

P.S. : I was following this O3D forum for 2 months and this ghost call topic for 2 weeks but I just created an account to write down the news I have for you.